Aftermarket New Car/Truck Extended Warranty Programs

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
It has more the one setting too. I found that out the other day. I always just click the button and turn it "on", but if you hit the button again it switches to Auto? I don't have a clue what the difference is so I need to read too. lol

Well I have the 664 page owners manual to brush up on. LOL

AlienXtx

Nignog
You should have a 5/100 on the drive train, but all your doodads are only 3/30-35 I believe? You will get stuff in the mail from your dealer when you come up on the end of it to purchase the extended

achirdo

2WD FTW
It has more the one setting too. I found that out the other day. I always just click the button and turn it "on", but if you hit the button again it switches to Auto? I don't have a clue what the difference is so I need to read too. lol
I'm assuming your Ford is similar to my Ram,

Full On should be it engages when you let off the throttle, auto should engage when vehicle is picking up speed like going down a hill.

My ram has a 3rd engine brake mode also. With tow/haul it gives it a full send, it doubles the power after you touch the brakes

AlienXtx

Nignog
I'm assuming your Ford is similar to my Ram,

Full On should be it engages when you let off the throttle, auto should engage when vehicle is picking up speed like going down a hill.

My ram has a 3rd engine brake mode also. With tow/haul it gives it a full send, it doubles the power after you touch the brakes
Your prob right, I've only ever used it on the first setting and it brakes when you let off. I passed through the Auto without trying it out. Man does it help slow you down loaded ir unloaded. Only thing its missing is the Jake brake sound lol

Oswego

n00b
The only time I skipped the extended warranty was with my Tacoma. Everyone fluffs the brand up so much I thought I'd never need to replace anything... lol

On every new car Ive ever purchased it has paid for itself. Todays cars have so many electronics I'd be scared not to get one.

One thing I can say for sure is do not finance the warranty if you can avoid it.

Silverback

I am not financing the warranty if I get one.

Oswego

n00b
I am not financing the warranty if I get one.

I think thats where they really get some people with the warranty and the accessories. They price them similar to market value then make their money on the finance charges.

Silverback

I'm putting a shitload down, so not financing all of it.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Taco Loco

I've had great experience with them and I've been a member since 1985.
Customer service has always been on point when I have called. My only complaint is against Nationstar...the company that services their mortgages. Their customer service is a little lacking, but USAA as a whole has always been great for me.

@CowboyTaco

, How old were you in 1985?

^You never answered the question.

You may have been a member in 1985, but the internet had not been invented by Al Gore yet, and the second question is, when did you actually became a paying customer of USAA?

Also Nationstar Mortgage is owned by Mr. Cooper aka Mr. Pooper, because the amount of lawsuits and complaints the company had to rebrand its name. You can change a troubled company’s name, but its troubles don’t go away | Watchdog | Dallas News

USAA products and services has greatly deteriorated in the past decade, it’s not the same company as it used to be.

Oswego

n00b
I just remembered my good buddy's fiance is a Ford interweb saleswoman so I shot him a text to see if she can get any hook ups.

Oswego

n00b
I just remembered my good buddy's fiance is a Ford interweb saleswoman so I shot him a text to see if she can get any hook ups.

She couldn't take it at Ford any longer so she just quit and is now working at a Jeep/Dodge/Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Mitsubishi/Chrysler dealer and he said if anyone needs warranties for them she can help lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
She couldn't take it at Ford any longer so she just quit and is now working at a Jeep/Dodge/Fiat/Alfa Romeo/Mitsubishi/Chrysler dealer and he said if anyone needs warranties for them she can help lol
Is it called The Dung Heap? lol

CowboyTaco

@CowboyTaco

^You never answered the question.

You may have been a member in 1985, but the internet had not been invented by Al Gore yet, and the second question is, when did you actually became a paying customer of USAA?

Also Nationstar Mortgage is owned by Mr. Cooper aka Mr. Pooper, because the amount of lawsuits and complaints the company had to rebrand its name. You can change a troubled company’s name, but its troubles don’t go away | Watchdog | Dallas News

USAA products and services has greatly deteriorated in the past decade, it’s not the same company as it used to be.

I was born into it. I became a paying customer in 2003. Nationstar sucks, and apparently, so does Mr. Cooper. I've never had a call with Nationstar where I wasn't more pissed when I hung up the phone than when I dialed. I do not like them. That doesn't change the fact that USAA, as a whole, is worlds better than any other insurance company I have dealt with. Maybe they have declined some, but still better than the alternatives IMO.

And before you ask, I've dealt with Allstate, State Farm, Farmers and Nationwide.

Taco Loco

I was born into it. I became a paying customer in 2003. Nationstar sucks, and apparently, so does Mr. Cooper. I've never had a call with Nationstar where I wasn't more pissed when I hung up the phone than when I dialed. I do not like them. That doesn't change the fact that USAA, as a whole, is worlds better than any other insurance company I have dealt with. Maybe they have declined some, but still better than the alternatives IMO.

And before you ask, I've dealt with Allstate, State Farm, Farmers and Nationwide.

Stir clear of all those, it’s worth to check Insurance Agencies like Texas Farm Bureau, Germania etc...

And with USAA using the reputable umbrella third party companies like Nationalstar/ Mr. Pooper and Geico and continued sponsorship of the NFL should help USAA future business.

Silverback

So I talked to another extended warranty company, just to get some prices. Guy was doing good until he said this. "We provide a lost key recovery device, have you heard of Tile?" I said yes, I have several now. He said "Well great because we will send you another".. ok.. then he says "I put mine on the dog because if I lose the dog my daughter would be so upset". This fucktard thinks Tile works like GPS tracker? Dumb-ass it's BLUETOOTH! Like it needs to be 33 feet from your phone to connect and give a location. It will do nothing other than to say something like "The last know location of 'DOG' was at home.. yesterday at 7:21 AM". I didn't have the piss in me to give a shit so I just said "Cool.. thanks".

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
lol

Silverback

Oh and I got a preliminary quote for adding this thing to my USAA coverage. I may start to look elsewhere.. this shit is CRAZY money for what I have.