Broken Bow/ Ouachita National Forest Trip

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Looks like I have the green light for a trip to the Broken Bow area over the Memorial Day weekend from Fri to Monday morning. I am going to start putting together my resources tonight. Anyone have some experience in that area?

balakay

BabyMax
Interested. I'm off that weekend though I'm not sure about Monday.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Depending on what all I can find we may be okay to come home Sunday afternoon. The great thing is that it is just a 4 hour drive.

balakay

BabyMax
Depending on what all I can find we may be okay to come home Sunday afternoon. The great thing is that it is just a 4 hour drive.

Yeah that was my thinking. Worst case we can come up Friday morning and leave at lunch Sunday. Will just depend if Taylor can get off work all three days in a row.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I can offer my 2 cents. Fishing in the park for trout can be fun and very successful depending on the stocking schedule. However a holiday weekend will be VERY busy there.
About 45 min north is where most of the trails are that I know of. Most are easy forest roads. Bring a chain saw.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Will probably be staying away from the high traffic areas other than maybe grabbing lunch in Broken Bow.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Just checking if anyone else is debating going along for this trip. I am getting the map/ route together and want to make sure the camp areas are big enough.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I can't go.. got other vacation planned shortly after this gets back.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I avoid going out town on the major holiday wknds to unfamiliar places, too many douchecanoes out there.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Just checking if anyone else is debating going along for this trip. I am getting the map/ route together and want to make sure the camp areas are big enough.
Can't make it. We're going to see my newest Niece for the first time!

Mitt78

Sanford and Son was my Sesame Street
I have been wanting to head up that way, sadly I’ll be in Dripping Springs with family.