Camping Gear Thread

DarkHelmet

So you're saying there's a chance!
lol.. ok.. back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Portable genny will be here tomorrow. Now I'm looking at AC options for a tent. Someone on CL is selling a tall portable one.. http://austin.craigslist.org/app/2854287329.html Figure I could set it under the rainfly with the hose poking out the back. But the damn thing is HUGE! 75 pounds, 30x18x20 or something. A quick search and it seems that all the "portable" style AC units, even the 5000 BTU ones are 70+ pounds and 25-30" tall. I need to do some size comparisons with a standard compact window unit. The upside to one of those portable ones is that I could simply set the thing inside the Big Agnes tent and run the hose out the back door. I guess I have a few months to decide yet.

I have never used one in a tent, but those "portable units" can barely keep a small travel trailer cool. You would be much better off getting a tiny window unit to set on a stand of some sort IMO.

SamSter0077

Frack me..
I have never used one in a tent, but those "portable units" can barely keep a small travel trailer cool. You would be much better off getting a tiny window unit to set on a stand of some sort IMO.

x2

Maybe stop and ask the range rover guys what they use for AC in their tent next time? :p

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
blaahhh.. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
Then you were on my side of town :shifty:

Guess so, picked it up off Bandera and Grissom. Its practically new, he had it in a climate controlled storage unit. Looks like he bought it, used it once, then put it in storage and it didn't see daylight till I picked it up.

Lrgrnr

Well it looked like the one you mentioned and I looked up. Seems the 110 is the newer body style??

110 -- not bad looking
1993_land_rover_defender_4_dr_110_4wd_suv-pic-40188.png

109 -- freaking cool!!
1961-land-rover-109-series-iia-station-wagon-1.jpg

The one I saw was a dark blue or green though.

Those 109's are literally everywhere out here....I see a 109 or 110 daily.

DemonSpeedn

You talking to me?
Guess so, picked it up off Bandera and Grissom. Its practically new, he had it in a climate controlled storage unit. Looks like he bought it, used it once, then put it in storage and it didn't see daylight till I picked it up.

Close, I had an apt there. I'm bout 10 miles up grissom/culebra from that spot

Silverback

Interesting, doesn't lifetime make gym equipment? Seems cheap enough for a tent mounted to a trailer. Around the same cost of just a RTT

No, different Lifetime. This Lifetime makes those tables and chairs you can buy at Sams. Shit is bombproof!

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
No, different Lifetime. This Lifetime makes those tables and chairs you can buy at Sams. Shit is bombproof!

But for that price I have to question the tent trailers build quality

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
This thread goes all over the place!!! lol this thread reminds me of this song...

[video=youtube;LDehYXKI31g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDehYXKI31g[/video]

Silverback

Fro??? No idea wtf you mean. Could be the beer though.

Sent from my leash using Tapatalk

Silverback

OOooh.. now that I'm on a PC I can see he has a serious "fro". lol

Now whats this nigs you refer to?

rofl