Camping Gear Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
ya man, scratched the rtt idea. Amazon the best place to get the Kamp-rite?

I got mine from Bass Pro.. but check out Academy. Last time I was in there they had one (oversized model) and it was cheaper than you could get it online. Don't remember exact prices but it was significantly cheaper.

Silverback

Big Agnes Deluxe Sleeping Giant pillow arrived today. Damn I love Amazon!
685671e4.jpg

Sets up fast and its actually pretty soft.. not bad. Overall I'd give it a 6 as a pillow and a 10 as a camp pillow. Blows away the Thermarest and REI brand camp pillows I have.

Oswego

n00b

Sets up fast and its actually pretty soft.. not bad. Overall I'd give it a 6 as a pillow and a 10 as a camp pillow. Blows away the Thermarest and REI brand camp pillows I have.

After a couple bad experiences with my neck knotting up I no longer use my "camp pillow". My regular huge sucker makes the trip every time. I think my old one was a REI that was the size of a shoe lol

Silverback

Yeah I usually drag a full sized ones as well.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
ya man, scratched the rtt idea. Amazon the best place to get the Kamp-rite?

I got mine from Bass Pro.. but check out Academy. Last time I was in there they had one (oversized model) and it was cheaper than you could get it online. Don't remember exact prices but it was significantly cheaper.

I picked up a BRAND NEW one - used once off of ebay. $50. I think the guy said, "Fuck that! I buying a Roof Top Tent!!!" lol :)

685671e4.jpg

Yeah I usually drag a full sized ones as well.

I find that the longer I live the flatter pillow I use. If I live much longer I'll be able to use a sock! :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

There you go!!!

^ Really means - "I'm getting a RTT!!!" rofl

Probably so! I think I've seen two RTT's in town. One was on a SUPER nice old Land Rover 110. Looked like it just got back from Africa.. probably never seen dirt though. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Probably so! I think I've seen two RTT's in town. One was on a SUPER nice old Land Rover 110. Looked like it just got back from Africa.. probably never seen dirt though. lol

Sounds like that 109 I spotted in DV. I know he's waxed that one more than he even drove it! If I had to guess, I would say the guy driving it (in his Safari Uniform) probably parked it in his 20 car subterranean garage!!!

Silverback

That what I meant, 109. Neat looking rig.. I'm sure the guy driving it was a DB. Probably owned a lime green Vette as well.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
That what I meant, 109. Neat looking rig.. I'm sure the guy driving it was a DB. Probably owned a lime green Vette as well.

I like those 109's - and how did I know you saw a 109? :) The real question is, If we bought one, would we be assholes?

j/k 'cause we're already assholes!!! lol

Silverback

Well it looked like the one you mentioned and I looked up. Seems the 110 is the newer body style??

110 -- not bad looking
1993_land_rover_defender_4_dr_110_4wd_suv-pic-40188.png

109 -- freaking cool!!
1961-land-rover-109-series-iia-station-wagon-1.jpg

The one I saw was a dark blue or green though.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Right - 110 coil springs too. 109 leafs. It was funny, the guy imported it from Scotland. One of the things he was telling me was that the body had no rust. I hope not 'cause the body's are aluminum!!!! lol

They are cool looking!!! :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Safari (dual panel) roof!

sgal_thumb.php

Silverback

lol.. ok.. back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Portable genny will be here tomorrow. Now I'm looking at AC options for a tent. Someone on CL is selling a tall portable one.. http://austin.craigslist.org/app/2854287329.html Figure I could set it under the rainfly with the hose poking out the back. But the damn thing is HUGE! 75 pounds, 30x18x20 or something. A quick search and it seems that all the "portable" style AC units, even the 5000 BTU ones are 70+ pounds and 25-30" tall. I need to do some size comparisons with a standard compact window unit. The upside to one of those portable ones is that I could simply set the thing inside the Big Agnes tent and run the hose out the back door. I guess I have a few months to decide yet.