Camping Gear Thread

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I prefer to buy the best product I can in the price range. I have tried the "only American" attitude and ended up with either severely over priced or crap products. There are a lot of good products that are Made in the USA but that is not the reason I am buying them.

I prefer to spend my money on the best option I can afford. Sometimes that is made in America, Mexico, China, and even Europe.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Update to some gear I picked up that seemed to work very well.
First, there is nothing like a nice shower while camping and this little guy gets 2 thumbs up from everyone in camp. We all used it. It comes with a suction cup mount for a truck window, then just drop the pump into a jerry can to have a shower with decent pressure.

Next was this stove. Worked great for breakfast and dinner. Used 1 bottle of fuel and still have some left after a long weekend. It was a little hard heating up water in the wind but thats no fault of the stove. Boiled water at 9600 feet very quick. Easy set up, easy take down, and real easy to use.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Update to some gear I picked up that seemed to work very well.
First, there is nothing like a nice shower while camping and this little guy gets 2 thumbs up from everyone in camp. We all used it. It comes with a suction cup mount for a truck window, then just drop the pump into a jerry can to have a shower with decent pressure.

Next was this stove. Worked great for breakfast and dinner. Used 1 bottle of fuel and still have some left after a long weekend. It was a little hard heating up water in the wind but thats no fault of the stove. Boiled water at 9600 feet very quick. Easy set up, easy take down, and real easy to use.
In the Asian side of my family, everyone has those butane stoves. We have a couple on the shelf in the garage. :)

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Time to make some knifes sharp.

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Won this EZ-UP camping cube off Snap-on drawing today lol
IMG_20210706_150220_109.jpg
IMG_20210706_150220_079.jpg

Silverback

Nice!!

AlienXtx

Nignog

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I had a tent like that. It was pretty nice for standard ground camping. But it did not handle high winds and lots of snow well.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Stepped up my chair game. My very compact REI chairs are okay but with a 9 day camping trip coming up i wanted something more comfortable and with drink holders.
20210708_191116.jpg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
The altitude got to me this morning. Never had a problem before so not sure why today was different. I felt like a terrible hangover welcomed me after drinking all night, but I know that was not the case. Got this oxygen tank and got immediate relief. Not back to 100% but enough to function today.
So for $20 this may be something to bring with you if you are going to the mountains.
20210718_082001.jpg

Silverback

So how much is a small tank that like?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I think it has 200 one second bursts. I have only used 3 and feel way better.

Silverback

Oh that's not bad. Yeah, grab a few.