Cutting the cord

CowboyTaco

I could also just ask him for his password. We are very friendly. Was talking to him tonight in the driveway for an hr or so.

He's got cancer and his days are numbered.

Ive been helping the son out with his truck ~ Today was wiring the PIA 510's I gave him for free.

I was laughing my ass off when one of the bulbs was burnt out and he tried to gain access to it and ran into one of my caulk jobs where I sealed everything with commercial structural silicone lol I think he's still picking at it outside

Why not just ask if you can float him $10 a month and get his PW?

That way, he takes the heat for all your crazy searches!

Oswego

n00b
Why not just ask if you can float him $10 a month and get his PW?

That way, he takes the heat for all your crazy searches!

Truth be told Ill never do anything but get my own service again. I prefer independence vs ease to a fault sometimes.

Ive only got a days worth of work to do on the side of my house so I can get hooked back up, but this time I'm running the cable to the outside and grounding it myself. They can attach to me. Never again will I let idiots put holes through siding and plywood for cable lines thinking they will even do it half right. Ill drill a hole through my concrete foundation and seal it off properly. Also make sure the cable guy puts a drip loop on his run like the previous moron installers should of done and didn't. When they tell me how much hook up will be I should back charge them for the damage to my sill plate and ledger the previous installers caused and I had to fix up. SOB's cost me a few hrs min.

heck I even saved the ceramic isolators and lag bolts so I can make sure they are screwed into a stud. Part of the issues I had was the cable lines pulling down the trim board because it never hit a stud and the board was installed improperly. Multiple mistakes piled up into a huge turd

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Truth be told Ill never do anything but get my own service again. I prefer independence vs ease to a fault sometimes.

Ive only got a days worth of work to do on the side of my house so I can get hooked back up, but this time I'm running the cable to the outside and grounding it myself. They can attach to me. Never again will I let idiots put holes through siding and plywood for cable lines thinking they will even do it half right. Ill drill a hole through my concrete foundation and seal it off properly. Also make sure the cable guy puts a drip loop on his run like the previous moron installers should of done and didn't. When they tell me how much hook up will be I should back charge them for the damage to my sill plate and ledger the previous installers caused and I had to fix up. SOB's cost me a few hrs min.

heck I even saved the ceramic isolators and lag bolts so I can make sure they are screwed into a stud. Part of the issues I had was the cable lines pulling down the trim board because it never hit a stud and the board was installed improperly. Multiple mistakes piled up into a huge turd
I ran a dedicated single line to an outdoor rated electrical box to cover the internet connection. The Comcast guy said I had the strongest signal on the street because of that lol

Oswego

n00b
I was looking at boxes but nothing looks easy to install. Think I'm going to blast a hole in the concrete, run some schedule 40 pvc I have left over through, seal it up good, then run a home run from the av closet to one of these guys outside Ill attach to the foundation. I have a perfect spot right near my ground rod I can tie into. I just need to look into the specks of this litle guy and make sure it will work for me. I don't know what Mhz and Ohms stuff iz. Ill make sure the pvc is sloped down so no water comes in it if the seal ever fails.

1614730229531.png

Oswego

n00b
Just checked and the deal I want is good to go. If I could of talked the guy into this deal in November I would of never cut the cord, but they were stuck on getting me for a long term agreement.

1614731058572.png

Oswego

n00b
No idea why I got lazy and stopped using redbox. Bought 5 used blue rays for $20 tonight and all are in good to brand new condition.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
You can get 5 brand new ones from WalMart for the same if not less. :)

Oswego

n00b
You can get 5 brand new ones from WalMart for the same if not less. :)
Not mine. Cheapest is $5 and 99% of them are crap "b" movies with a little gold sprinkled in.

Next time I buy some I'll look around more, but after a few quick searches yesterday redbox was by far the cheapest and easiest for me to get to (outside my corner drugstore).

I'm just amazed you can get a physical blueray for less than a digital rental. Really goes to show how lazy we have become that the markets priced to reflect it. Lord knows I fell into the digital trap

Anathollo

Staff member
I was looking at boxes but nothing looks easy to install. Think I'm going to blast a hole in the concrete, run some schedule 40 pvc I have left over through, seal it up good, then run a home run from the av closet to one of these guys outside Ill attach to the foundation. I have a perfect spot right near my ground rod I can tie into. I just need to look into the specks of this litle guy and make sure it will work for me. I don't know what Mhz and Ohms stuff iz. Ill make sure the pvc is sloped down so no water comes in it if the seal ever fails.

View attachment 33071
Don't spend money on this stuff for a house you're going to sell in the near future. ;) Do the bare minimum and move on! I know it's hard for you since you want to do everything right (I get it).

Oswego

n00b
Don't spend money on this stuff for a house you're going to sell in the near future. ;) Do the bare minimum and move on! I know it's hard for you since you want to do everything right (I get it).
Amazingly difficult to turn a blind eye. Just doing one coat of stain when two are reccomend makes me twitch lol

Oswego

n00b
Should of set up my commiecast email to send auto but didn't so I just lost one of my 16yo addys I used to place orders online because I didn't use it. Sucks to update all my contact info but good point to cut away all the fat/spam and nuke old accounts a no longer use.

Had to send an email to those fuckers @ gstove cause their pos site won't let you change contact info. I did see they updated the ship date of all but one of my backordered items to 9/21 lol.

One item still has no ship date. Order placed 12/19. Never gonna end lol

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Apparently Sling lost another bundle of channels. I had enough; dropping them and going full Hulu+Live TV. The format on Hulu+Live TV is pretty nice.

balakay

BabyMax
Apparently Sling lost another bundle of channels. I had enough; dropping them and going full Hulu+Live TV. The format on Hulu+Live TV is pretty nice.
I thought some channels were missing from our Sling. But we don't pay for it so I wasn't too worried.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I had enough add-ons with Sling that dropping while going to Hulu+Live TV I will still save around $10 a month now.

Oswego

n00b

Oswego

n00b
TV as we know it is truly dead. 91 of the top 100 shows in 2021 were NFL games. They averaged 17million viewers per show. It's all over the media like its somthing crazy special. I saw none of them lol

Joe Rogan averages 11million viewers per podcast. I watched or listened to every one and some more than once lol

PSU Taco85

TV as we know it is truly dead. 91 of the top 100 shows in 2021 were NFL games. They averaged 17million viewers per show. It's all over the media like its somthing crazy special. I saw none of them lol

Joe Rogan averages 11million viewers per podcast. I watched or listened to every one and some more than once lol

damn, well sports and sports sponsors run the media that's for sure. What the hell is a podcast? Is that something for an iPod, haven't had one of those working in years?

Edit: never mind I googled it. Yep no interest in one of those. Sounds like books for the blind lol

Last edited:

CowboyTaco

damn, well sports and sports sponsors run the media that's for sure. What the hell is a podcast? Is that something for an iPod, haven't had one of those working in years?

Edit: never mind I googled it. Yep no interest in one of those. Sounds like books for the blind lol

Except they are often just someone's conversation that they thought was good enough to record and monetize.

Anathollo

Staff member

Except they are often just someone's conversation that they thought was good enough to record and monetize.
I've been listening to Jocko's podcast while I work on my house and it's really good. Highly recommend the SOG series.