Drew02a 1987 Hilux Dilux Build

drew02a

Staff member
Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
I traded a HighSchool Buddy my 05 Honda Rancher 4x4 for this "Mint" 1987 Toyota 4X4

CIMG0153.jpg

It's pretty ruff but I wanted a project since I sold my last one to Rob :(

Driverside door when I got it, first thing I did was remove the doors
CIMG0154.jpg

08689a33.jpg

77d2e379.jpg

f7fbfa8a.jpg

9f997404.jpg

4db15c2e.jpg

8174027e.jpg

de4105d1.jpg

d2e72704.jpg

e67375a2.jpg

162363bc.jpg

It smokes just a little at full throttle.
I just picked up new brakes,valve cover gasket,rear main seal,oil/filter.
That will get me started, it runs pretty good and everything works so far.

It does need a lift up front (blocks in back for now).
I'm pulling the doors today and carpet/seats so I can clean it out, also need to clean out glovebox (found a bag of hydro in it yesterday) I will be removing the flatbed part and shortning the frame too.

the tires are new on front I would say 90% rear are at about 60%

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Lol at the deer corn.
Yeah I know, it was sitting at my buddies deer lease for 2 years, I cant wate to pull the interior and see what I find, I already found a cresent wrench under seat and a pair of pliers wedged in front of radiatior.....lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Well you better do something fast, poor thing has a bad case of "Blue Balls". LOL

Looks good though, can't wait to see what you do with it.

balakay

BabyMax
That bed needs to go. Or at least the last 3 or 4 feet of it.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Well you better do something fast, poor thing has a bad case of "Blue Balls". LOL

Looks good though, can't wait to see what you do with it.
I'm going to pull the doors and see if I can let some pressure off the balls tonite...lol

That bed needs to go. Or at least the last 3 or 4 feet of it.
yeah, I'm going to try and pull that thing tomorrow and chop the frame, might tackle the rear seal too.

Last edited:

taco4x4rar

Pull the front bumper while you're at it, in their current form they are both useless but there is a lot of good steal there, see if you can cash it out to get some 1.75x3/16 square stock to build a good front bumper and decent tube bed.

taco4x4rar

Oh and do something about the rats that have been stashing corn in the air intake.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
nice, better get to work.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
and BTW

I don't know who you think you are naming your own rig trailer trash. You named my rig & I will be naming yours once the inspiration hits me.

fsbrain03

That is awesome! I would love to have a project truck like that. Have fun with it, looks like you can do about what you want to. Money permitting.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Front bumper is gone! I still have to get the welded brackets off.
fc3b8d92.jpg

I also removed the doors, bed comming off tomorrow.
7cd69e76.jpg

Last edited:

taco4x4rar

How bad is the rust, can't really tell from the pics but it looks like the i'ts got cancer of the frame

AlienXtx

Nignog
and BTW

I don't know who you think you are naming your own rig trailer trash. You named my rig & I will be naming yours once the inspiration hits me.
Fine, come up with something as catchy as creampuff and I will change it.
If you wanna come out tomorrow I will be removing that bed and doing the brakes etc.

AlienXtx

Nignog
How bad is the rust, can't really tell from the pics but it looks like the i'ts got cancer of the frame

It's got a bad case of Alto cancer, it does have some rust though, it came from up North.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Fine, come up with something as catchy as creampuff and I will change it.
If you wanna come out tomorrow I will be removing that bed and doing the brakes etc.

I'll see what I can do about tomorrow, Sam & Todd are coming over in the AM to weld on some sliders.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Already did mine, Its pretty easy once you get the engine out of the truck.:D

AlienXtx

Nignog
Already did mine, Its pretty easy once you get the engine out of the truck.:D

Yeah well I will be doing mine with the engine in and laying in the dirt under a tree