Items That Need to Be Reviewed by Silverback

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
The first item we have for submition to Mr. Silverback to review is the TPMS system that allows for pressure readings from the dash.

61ZqkWoGlZL._SL1001_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Rupse-Wireles...=1-2&keywords=Tire+Pressure+Monitoring+toyota

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
LOL... My TPMS works though. Add-on for he 81 maybe? Pretty slick though.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Do all items have to be from Amazon? Because if so...

Anathollo

Staff member
I vote Sean buys one of these. Too bad that smoking hot blond doesn't come with it! I'd pay extra for her! Mmmm

Silverback

EXP-6 is awesome!

Back to the TPMS... is there a way to disable the OEM setup so that it doesn't have the idiot light on all the time if a person had an aftermarket setup or just didn't have them in his rims (beadlocks for example). Anyone know?

Silverback

Anathollo

Staff member
EXP-6 is awesome!

Back to the TPMS... is there a way to disable the OEM setup so that it doesn't have the idiot light on all the time if a person had an aftermarket setup or just didn't have them in his rims (beadlocks for example). Anyone know?
No, the only way is to take the dash apart and stick electrical tape over the light. Or people have gotten some PVC pipe, drilled & tapped a tire stem into it, stuck all the TPMS sensors in it, glued end caps on it to seal it off and pressured it up to 32PSI. They then stick it in the cubby hole in the backseats and that'll turn the light off.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Excellent idea, find new products, have others buy them with their money and provide direct feedback to us, Bernie is proud. ;)

Silverback

No, the only way is to take the dash apart and stick electrical tape over the light. Or people have gotten some PVC pipe, drilled & tapped a tire stem into it, stuck all the TPMS sensors in it, glued end caps on it to seal it off and pressured it up to 32PSI. They then stick it in the cubby hole in the backseats and that'll turn the light off.

I love the PVC idea!! LOL Pretty inventive IMO.

Silverback

Excellent idea, find new products, have others buy them with their money and provide direct feedback to us, Bernie is proud. ;)

See I thought Michael was going to send me a Bruder XPS-6? WTF?

Silverback

Bruder prices start at $68k.. nicely furnished for $79k. Not including shipping. Other options available.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I love the PVC idea!! LOL Pretty inventive IMO.

Inventive unless you have to get your truck searched. I would have reacted pretty funny if I came across that in a vehicle when I was doing security at the nuclear plant.

Bruder prices start at $68k.. nicely furnished for $79k. Not including shipping. Other options available.

"Other options available" better be code for that blonde.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
EXP-6 is awesome!

clip wire, pressure chamber for sensors, 4 0r 5 spares in the bed, black tape...

I love the idea to know the pressures! :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

clip wire, pressure chamber for sensors, 4 0r 5 spares in the bed, black tape...

I love the idea to know the pressures! :)

I do too. Only downside is that it doesn't monitor the spare. Oh well. Looking at dash pics to see where I could put the monitor. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
The nice thing about this thread is that we can put links to all the products so we get a slice of his action. ;) lol

Anathollo

Staff member
Inventive unless you have to get your truck searched. I would have reacted pretty funny if I came across that in a vehicle when I was doing security at the nuclear plant.

"Other options available" better be code for that blonde.

Amen! I'd pay extra for that particular one lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I do too. Only downside is that it doesn't monitor the spare. Oh well. Looking at dash pics to see where I could put the monitor. :)

My only question is how does the sensor know where it is on the vehicle so as to have it display on the right spot on the display? Once they get rotated it will no longer show up as they were initially installed. Also it sucks you cannot service the batteries in the TPMS.