Just Guns

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20210414-050648_Instagram.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Strange how all these mass shootings at the same time the Dems want gun control. Just seems sort of coincidental to me. :shifty:

Silverback

Anyone got a dehumidifier rod in their gun safe? I picked one up. How hot does it get? I don't imagine it gets hot enough to burn or melt something but maybe I'm wrong. I got the 12" LockDown model.

balakay

BabyMax
Anyone got a dehumidifier rod in their gun safe? I picked one up. How hot does it get? I don't imagine it gets hot enough to burn or melt something but maybe I'm wrong. I got the 12" LockDown model.
I just use a dessicant dehumidifier since I don't have power in my safe at the moment. Quick Google shows the Lockdown getting up to 125° surface temp.

Silverback

Using the ol Google... I should have thought of that. :) I do have a couple desiccant dehumidifiers in there are as well.

CowboyTaco

I don't remember where I was working, or what equipment came with GIGANTIC silica gel packets. I swiped every one I saw and threw them in the safe. I've got like 6 or 8 in there.

I should probably bake them, as they do get "full". I've read that baking them basically resets them back to 0 so they absorb moisture again.

Silverback

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Dammmnnn!!! He got a spicy round!

Oswego

n00b
He should of never posted it imho. Especially since he is hypothesizing what happened w/o true scientific proof.

Makes the rifle mfg look like shit.

Alerts youtube to gun safety issues.

Just no real positives to it but to remind people that bad shit can and does happen with risky hobbies

Someone dies every year in every river I kayak.

Someone dies every year at every ski resort I ride in.

Everyday when you get in your car someone's dying in one.

No one posts about it usually. No one wants to put a negative spotlight on their fun

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
The designer and builder of that gun responding. He's an awesome guy.

Silverback

That guy got super lucky.. glad he pulled through. Shit ammo for sure.

Oswego

n00b
So now we have 2 of 3 sides.

I'm sure it was the ammo but I'd prefer a non biased 3rd party get the first look, not the rifle mfg. Time will tell.

Metallurgy can be a fickle bitch and the more I look at threaded cap designs the more I say no way. Got allot that can go wrong with threads. There is a reason cannons were muzzle loaded back in the day

Silverback

Those rounds have not been produced for 40 years.

Oswego

n00b
Sure you know by now I'm slow to take sides on anything till everything is in. Why im not a fan of releasing news that's based on assumptions.

This could impact my pos home state cause nj blocks way more than ny does

Oswego

n00b
Pretty good take from a pro on the .50cal incident