Just Relo@ding

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Looks like I have had a good 24 hours. I picked up 3,000 large rifle primers yesterday from a local gun store. This morning I was able to get an order in for 500 JHP for 9mm and 100 ELD-M for my 6.5 Grendel. It was not a cheap 24 hours but finding components in stock is really tough right now. Thankfully none of these prices were jacked up to pandemic levels.

tx_shooter

Staff member
My precious metal investments are doing good.

20201214_183341.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Picked up some more sets after the price dropped.
Screenshot_20210413-201915_Amazon Shopping.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
Good to see some prices starting to settle back down a little bit. I have noticed some reloading bullets are starting to hang around in stock a bit longer than they did a few months ago. Maybe things are starting to improve? The Remington ammo plant is running again which will hopefully help things out some since it manufactured a decent percentage of the market's volume.

CowboyTaco

Hornady is my go-to for hunting rounds. Though I'm working through the last of my factory rounds before I actually start hunting with them. Not having land here to hunt has pretty much stifled my progress.

For pistol, I like Berry's. I was less than impressed with Ranier (I think it was....white and blue box from Cabela's). I recently picked up some X-treme Bullets (https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/x-treme-bullets-copper-plated-pistol-bullets) on sale and they appear to be a much higher quality than the Rainier ones, but I haven't loaded (or fired) any yet.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Hornady is my go-to for hunting rounds. Though I'm working through the last of my factory rounds before I actually start hunting with them. Not having land here to hunt has pretty much stifled my progress.

I'm seriously thinking about the new Sequoia.
Those look nice!! But, if I changed out vehicles all the time, I wouldn't never had the cash for land and land never deprecates.

CowboyTaco

Those look nice!! But, if I changed out vehicles all the time, I wouldn't never had the cash for land and land never deprecates.

Yes, and I don't like the idea of flipping cars every few years. (hence holding onto my 12 year old truck)

Quick tangent, this seems like it should be in the lost sheep thread.

That said, the used market is crazy, as everyone keeps saying. I can get what I paid for the Expedition on trade with 40k miles. I looked at getting a newer Expedition in pretty much any color but black. I couldn't justify putting another $20k into essentially the same vehicle. I told my wife that we cold make a lot of repairs for $20k. That said, the transmission shifts incredibly rough more frequently than it should. Like shake the vehicle rough. We've taken it to Ford and they "flash" it and tell us the problem should be solved. I just don't have a good feeling about the longevity of the Expedition.

If the new Sequoia starts around $50k like I've read, then it would be close enough in cost that I'd make the switch. If it comes in at $70k+ for how I would want it spec'd then we'll just ride out the Expedition.

balakay

BabyMax
Yes, and I don't like the idea of flipping cars every few years. (hence holding onto my 12 year old truck)

Quick tangent, this seems like it should be in the lost sheep thread.

That said, the used market is crazy, as everyone keeps saying. I can get what I paid for the Expedition on trade with 40k miles. I looked at getting a newer Expedition in pretty much any color but black. I couldn't justify putting another $20k into essentially the same vehicle. I told my wife that we cold make a lot of repairs for $20k. That said, the transmission shifts incredibly rough more frequently than it should. Like shake the vehicle rough. We've taken it to Ford and they "flash" it and tell us the problem should be solved. I just don't have a good feeling about the longevity of the Expedition.

If the new Sequoia starts around $50k like I've read, then it would be close enough in cost that I'd make the switch. If it comes in at $70k+ for how I would want it spec'd then we'll just ride out the Expedition.
Based on the price of the previous gen Sequoia, I wouldn't expect to be able to touch even a base model for less than $60k.

CowboyTaco

Based on the price of the previous gen Sequoia, I wouldn't expect to be able to touch even a base model for less than $60k.

Yeah. And with them adding "Market Adjustment" price increases, I wouldn't be surprised to see them much higher than that. I'm interested to know what the actual price will be.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yeah. And with them adding "Market Adjustment" price increases, I wouldn't be surprised to see them much higher than that. I'm interested to know what the actual price will be.
OVER-priced, just like all Toyotas lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Someone was telling me their mother-in-law was looking at a new Honda Civic, $27k car had a $15k market adjustment! Fuck that.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Someone was telling me their mother-in-law was looking at a new Honda Civic, $27k car had a $15k market adjustment! Fuck that.

A Civic would not be a good car for reloading either. The hatchback area is not enough for a good reloading bench at the range.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Mods.. move these shit posts to the appropriate thread. :)

PSU Taco85

Do any of y’all reload shotgun shells. I have 3 machines I keep setup for reloading but haven’t been able to keep powder in stock here in NJ. It’s cheaper for me to drive to Delaware and buy box ammo at cabelas than to reload which seems crazy but I’ve ran the numbers and it pisses me off because I enjoy reloading but not if it won’t save me money. I will still make a few “custom rounds” but not use for my range rounds.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I know a few people who can reload shotgun shells and they all are in the same position. They can bulk buy cheaper than reload right now.

PSU Taco85

I know a few people who can reload shotgun shells and they all are in the same position. They can bulk buy cheaper than reload right now.

well at least I know my math adds up lol that is unfortunate though, I used to pick up used shells at the range but don’t even bother any more these days. I have about 500 or so empty ones waiting to be repacked when the price is right.