Little Red 85 Build

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Oh is it that easy AAAARon??

Alex is going to build some new axles for the Squirrel after his 2JZ F100 is done. Ill pick his brain and MAYBE find a cost effective solution after the motor swap is completed and running efficiently

Reactions: tex

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Last of the parts have all showed up. Need to get them installed in the 2RZ. Then it will be time to pull the motor and get the Harnesses spliced.
Turbo installed and painted the cab one solid color again.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
70AE724A-6BCF-4371-95A8-E037CB49D8FD.jpeg
A9B16B1A-829A-4732-BBC8-71F88FCFF0D5.jpeg
18B3745C-A1A8-4979-9B39-08506469A9AE.jpeg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
that motor looks real good sitting on the stand. Will look even better once you stuff it under the hood.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
May have to have a wrench-a-thon to get this fucker pulled.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
well I have a fridge full soooo... we could go hit up Brash Brewing its pretty close.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
calling dibs on a couch

Silverback

Shit no..

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Looks like I got the last of the engine tasks buttoned up over the past few days. Just waiting on some longer studs to mount the turbo firmly.

Tapped and plugged the front dipstick location.
Finished the fire sleeve on the turbo drain.
Mounted the bung on the oil pan and loc tite’d the threads.
Gapped the plugs to 0.025 and installed.
Routed the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator.
Sealed up the oil pan with Toyota FIPG.
Deleted/plugged the coolant lines to the throttle body.
Cleaned out the coolant neck and thermostat.
Mounted the new PSC pump and belts since I stole the original pump off this one to put on the crawler.
Cleaned the throttle body.
Sent the harness off to get thinned out and spliced together.
Checked and tightened all hardware.
I’ll have to order all of the intake, intercooler piping, BOV and intercooler once the motor is in place.

The red truck took a trip to my buddies house to get a pimp new subframe with inboarded front and rear link mounts. Should get lowered a bit in the process with some new front coil over mounts. The transmission and Atlas will mount independently of the subframe removing the chance of any drivetrain shock. I’ll take it out on a trip or 2 to make sure everything is cool and functioning properly.

Now to start working on the other turd in the garage.

Last edited:

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Looks like the suspension work is just about wrapped up. I outsourced it due to time and space constraints. I have 2 buddies that knwe what needed to be done.

I'll get some pics up later.

Its about 3" lower all the way around, new ram mount, shock towers, shock tabs, new steering reservoir mount, new rear coilover mounts and bump can mounts.
My buddy designed a subframe assembly fix some of the geometry and steering issues. It has a completely flat belly, new inboarded link mounts front/rear, support for the transmission/Atlas II, and removable skids for access.

Should be a completely different beast now.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I went any pick up the truck today and took it for a test drive. Well worth the price. Bombed it through a pasture at about 50 and is soaked up all the bumps. I have to rework the exhaust and Paint some bare steel then it will be ready to go.

Definitely woke up the neighbors with a straight piped 22re 😂

Silverback

Pics look great. :D