Primate Labs Test Subject - 2007 Tacoma - codename: Silverback

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Yeah, I used it to just make sure the unit functioned.. picked up the weather band anyhow.

Silverback

So I did a little dry run testing of the new solar setup. In the low sun it was still getting about 7 amps.. not too bad. The little folding panel was only doing about 2.5 amps.. not great but better than nothing. It will be nice to be able to move it about.

IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg
IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5761.PNG

Silverback

Ok, a little progress was made today. Got the area for my mics sorted out. Using the Magnet Mic, they are awesome! I've got them mounted on a piece of aluminum barstock that has plastic rivnuts to hold it. Feels very secure. Also got the Meso dual color map lights. A friend of mine has them I like them. Sadly the dome light is out of stock. Hope they make more.

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

IMG_6109.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

Last edited:

Silverback

A little more progress. Swapped out VisionX fogs for Baja Design Squadron's. Since they are smaller than the opening I spaced them up to help center then in the hole. Also used stainless hardware with theft resistant fasteners.

Started to relocate my ARB Compressor to the bed pocket. Got it sorta in there, the bolts are too short so I ordered longer ones. Still need to plumb it and wire it up. But I do have all stainless braided lines for it. Also removed the 4XRac HiLift mounts that I had on the passenger side of the bed. Got a new place that the HiLift will be going.

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

Silverback

Shore power... currently (no pun intended) it feeds a Noco 4 amp shore power charger. But I have a new 10 amp that is less than half the size I am replacing it with. Just to power the fridge when it sits inside.

PSU Taco85

Shore power... currently (no pun intended) it feeds a Noco 4 amp shore power charger. But I have a new 10 amp that is less than half the size I am replacing it with. Just to power the fridge when it sits inside.

Gotcha, that's awesome. So it's a standard NEMA 5-15 inlet under there, something like this?

Silverback

Put the little one to work doing electrical wiring. She enjoyed it and she was very detailed with it. Might have a new dedicated electrical person. :)
Used the weatherproof connectors and some heat shrink tubing, zip-tied everything back.

IMG_6207.JPG

IMG_6209.JPG

IMG_6214.JPG

IMG_6217.JPG

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Got back on the Taco finally. Got the GMRS antenna finally ran into the cab and all buttoned up... it works. Pulled the group 31 battery out from the rear (she was just about dead) and used it as a core when I got a new front battery. Replaced group 65 up front with a group 27 X2 Power AGM. I'll use the old group 65 in the shed to power some led lights... it should work for the brief time I will use them. Pulled the Noco 4 amp shore power charger all out to be replaced with a 5 or 10 amp version (have both.. whatever one does not go here will go in the trailer.. 5 fits better but 10 would be mo'betta). When I pulled the Noco out I noticed that little bed side cubbie box had a lot of holes in it... like 9 extra from all the other bullshit that has lived in their prior. So I ordered a new side box (BTW, they are not cheap at close to $100). So the new Noco install is on hold until I get the new side cubbie. Project for tomorrow is to pull the old airlines that go from the air tank below and into the tool box. I won't need them as the compressor is now in the side of the bed. Also that needs to be completed. Air lines need to be ran and wiring needs to be ran. I also got a new head unit. New Alpine with carplay (so I can use Gaia and Google maps). It's nothing special, I wanted sorta simple. As long as it had a good screen, carplay, 4volt pre-outs and a good S/N ratio I was good. Oh and steering wheel controls. :) I hope to install that this weekend. My goal is one thing a night, even if its something small. Eating an elephant here.