Primate Labs Test Subject - 2007 Tacoma - codename: Silverback

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Working on it. :banana:

Silverback

I need to get onto the rack build by the end of next week. I think I can do it.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I need to get onto the rack build by the end of next week. I think I can do it.

I am expecting to have a lot of new space in my garage after Sunday. That is going to get filled with 4Runner first for repairs and then the trailer for build. I expect to be 100% ready by end of February.

Silverback

Made some progress today. Got the ARB wiring harness all cut down and removed all the stuff I do not need. Power switch is inside the compartment. Also lengthened the power and ground and will be feeding them into the rear tool box tomorrow. Got the airline hooked up and partially ran.. will finish that up tomorrow as well. I need to tighten up the USB plug that is above the box.. it is still lose.. forgot about it.

IMG_6807.JPG

Last edited:

Silverback

Oh and I started to install my new head unit.. but the steering wheel control unit is slightly more complicated than the last one I installed.. and by slightly I mean a fuck ton more. LOL It's designed to do all kinds of factory integration but all I need is steering wheel controls so I need to do some more reading before I tear into it. This is what I got and if you look at the pics you can see about 1/2 dozen plugs.. most I don't need. https://www.sonicelectronix.com/ite...003-up-Toyota-Lexus-and-Scion-RP4.2-TY11.html

Some of the plugs
plugs 1.PNG

I think this, along with power/ground/switched power, is all I will need to connect.
plugs 2.PNG

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Made some progress today. Got the ARB wiring harness all cut down and removed all the stuff I do not need. Power switch is inside the compartment. Also lengthened the power and ground and will be feeding them into the rear tool box tomorrow. Got the airline hooked up and partially ran.. will finish that up tomorrow as well. I need to tighten up the USB plug that is above the box.. it is still lose.. forgot about it.

View attachment 41270
Have you ever seen how much Toyota whacks people for those covers? I love where you put it.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Oh sweet.. guy has same headunit and adapter. saving for reference.
I wish I wasn't so damn cheap. I will replace the radio a month before it gets stolen! lol

Silverback

Have you ever seen how much Toyota whacks people for those covers? I love where you put it.
Yeah, its ridiculous! When I was pricing the front cubbie compartment I saw the rears for sale. Cheaper to buy a metal one.

Silverback

I wish I wasn't so damn cheap. I will replace the radio a month before it gets stolen! lol

Oh and that guys video was shit. Didn't tell a damn thing informational.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Oh and that guys video was shit. Didn't tell a damn thing informational.
Reminds me of the 'Mod Days' and yes they went into the night with little getting done most days. lol

Silverback

After climbing in and out of the bed installing that compressor I realized that my knees hate that corrugated tailgate. Ordered this one.. all smooth minus a couple drink holders and a logo. It came with some stainless hardware but I just reused the OEM stuff.

IMG_6835.JPG

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
After climbing in and out of the bed installing that compressor I realized that my knees hate that corrugated tailgate. Ordered this one.. all smooth minus a couple drink holders and a logo. It came with some stainless hardware but I just reused the OEM stuff.

View attachment 41363
It was ribbed for her pleasure.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend

View attachment 41363
Is that the food grade material one? I seen them and they are pricey.

Silverback

It is food grade.. and yes it is not cheap.. BUT it was the cheapest one I could find. They are all very similar. Seems like the only diff is the logo cut into them.

Silverback

Also I am not planning to use it as a cutting board.. I have those and don't plan to cut up my tailgate for that.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
lol Not my knees for sure. Kamala would not complain though.
I think she has a pussy like a worn out whore. She wouldn't feel anything if a porcupine backed out of it!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Yeah I've always gawked at how expensive those plastic tailgate covers are.

CowboyTaco

Is that the Hooke Road one?

I like that it comes with new hardware actually. When my tailgate was replaced after being rearended, the shop used some basic screws that have not held up to rust very well. I removed them, sanded as best I could and painted black. So now they at least "look" nice, but I still hate them. I haven't really worried about it because I have other things to focus on.