Recovery Gear - basic and advanced

CowboyTaco

My old Harbor Freight tow rope that was torn in two places from pulling out bushes at our hold house in Texas has officially been replaced.

I'm pretty sure that thing would not hold up in a true recovery situation, and it was sketchy at best when using it to help my FiL's F250 (w/ trailer) up the hill until his front hubs could lock to engage his 4wd. I'll have to see if I can find the picture of that.

Edit: Found it.

20190503_164703.jpg

That said, I ordered a "Stay There" brand 30' 30,000lb rated recovery strap on Amazon for ~$25. I know that's on the cheap end, but I am pretty confident that it will do its job and pay for itself if it is ever used. Even if that is a single use. But it seems pretty well made and I would most likely purchase again.

20200820_180934.jpg
20200820_180930.jpg
20200820_180925.jpg
20200820_180915.jpg

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Not so sure I want a recovery brand called "Stay There".. they don't seem like they have the correct mindset to get a vehicle un-stuck. lol

CowboyTaco

Not so sure I want a recovery brand called "Stay There".. they don't seem like they have the correct mindset to get a vehicle un-stuck. lol

Yep. I had an internal debate on that one.

Just like my 12v fridge thread, it seems like most of the brands - at least the ones on Amazon - are all the same rope with a few minor variations like color. So I found the one that seemed to have the best qualities in that price point and then found the cheapest seller/brand of that same rope. "Stay There" was the winner. It seems to be reasonably well made. Especially for the price.