Remote Control stuff

balakay

BabyMax
This one is up next. Need a lot of parts to get it going though. Ill start buying stuff over the next few months to get it going.
20210121_115203.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
GMade Zero shocks showed up today. Didn't think about them coming unassembled. This should be fun.

20210122_154710.jpg
20210122_154558.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Ouch lol

balakay

BabyMax
Assembly wasn't bad. Just finished all four if them in about an hour. Spilled half the shock oil all over the table, tools, and myself. Luckily still had enough to finish. They turned out good. But didn't include bushings for the top so I'll need to get some before I can install.

Edit: glad it wasn't too much of a pain because I ave to tear them apart and change a couple things.

Last edited:

balakay

BabyMax
New battery is too big for the stock location however I think I can dremel out a small section of the cage and make it fit. Hopefully it doesn't make the frame too flexy. But if it does its only a $12 part to replace.

balakay

BabyMax
Got the battery to fit and everything is still braced rather well. Just waiting on my front shock bushings and body panels to show up and she's ready to rip. Also ordered some new suspension links and steering links because I like buying stuff I don't need. Going to rebuild the shocks tomorrow with the proper pistons. Right now every shock has a different piston in it because I didn't notice when I originally built them.

balakay

BabyMax
Ordered the Bluetooth module so I can have all the telemetry on my phone as well as the mount to hold my phone on the controller. Unfortunately they're both backordered for the time being. Having the telemetry will be nice just for the fact that I'll be able to see the speed. I'm guessing it's around 50mph but don't have anyway to confirm at the moment. Need to pick up another battery and a new smart charger as well but that will have to wait a bit. They're pricey.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Picked up a high torque steering servo and a brushless motor and ESC. Need to get some Lipo batteries/charger and charging bag yet. Plan is to get back to working on this crawler soon. Got a honey-do project I'm about to wrap up and then I should have some time. Went with a HobbyWing QuicRun Fusion 2in1 motor and esc. Thing got great reviews all over the Youtube.

balakay

BabyMax
Picked up a high torque steering servo and a brushless motor and ESC. Need to get some Lipo batteries/charger and charging bag yet. Plan is to get back to working on this crawler soon. Got a honey-do project I'm about to wrap up and then I should have some time. Went with a HobbyWing QuicRun Fusion 2in1 motor and esc. Thing got great reviews all over the Youtube.
I need to get a faster steering servo for the U4. The turning on it is terrible.

Silverback

The servo I got received great reviews from several folks on YouTube. Was pretty cheap, so if it sucks I'm not out much.

Also ordered a 6 channel radio, this way I can control lights, winch and whatever else from the remote.

Silverback

Made some progress. Still have one "raceline" beadlock to get mounted up (its a PITA to mount tires on them.. damn near easier to do the real deal), still have the lights (front and rear factory lights, plus some rock lights and a pair of BD Squadrons) to install, that is why the rear taillights are not installed. I lost a tiny little screw that pins the driveshaft between the trans and t-case. New one is on order. I bought this "upgrade" from this company called CCHands that allows me to remove and replace the body easier... but it makes the body sit way too high. Need to look into fixing this as I need it for the tube doors. Still have some interior details to go (twin sticks :) ) Got the motor and steering servo installed. Still need to wire up the radio receiver.

With CCHands body mount.. note how low the sliders are and you can see the inner fenders (all that stuff is metal, even inner fenders)
IMG_4434.jpg

More with the body mount too tall
IMG_4435.jpg

Interior
IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

No body mount
IMG_4440.jpg

4 link out back, 3 link up front. Not ridiculously flexy, but to scale IMO.
IMG_4441.jpg

Shocks
IMG_4442.jpg

Silverback

I need to work on a cage with bikini top for it.
8ff65c23.jpg

f81bc821.jpg

photo4-3-1.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
I'd love to do a scale build but add the word "scale" in front of anything and it's damn near nit any cheaper than the real thing lol.

Silverback

Yeah, all this officially licensed stuff is $$$.

balakay

BabyMax
I'm still loving my Losi Lasernut U4. Been driving the piss out of the thing and I have yet to break anything yet. Wish the parts I need for the telemetry would come back in stock. Thinking I'm going to order some new electronics for the Wraith to make it more of a basher and then build the R1 up as a crawler since that's all it's really capable of being. Right now the Wraith is too slow to be much fun bashing but not nimble enough or torquey enough to do any good crawling. It needs an overhaul.

Silverback

Ordered some 2S lipo batteries, charger and a couple charging bags.

balakay

BabyMax
First damage on the Lasernut. Front right drive axle got bent on 4th of July. Gonna see what's available for upgrades and get some new ones ordered before we go to Colorado. Really wanted to take this thing and rip around on some mountain trails.
PXL_20210709_020439026.jpg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Have you ever driven these things without breaking something? Seems like everyone i know who has or had one breaks something EVERY TIME it moves.

balakay

BabyMax
Have you ever driven these things without breaking something? Seems like everyone i know who has or had one breaks something EVERY TIME it moves.
I've been beating the shit out of this thing for the last 3 months and bending this axle is the first thing that's happened to it. But they're only fun when you're at wide open throttle. Unfortunately, that's when the weak points are found. Luckily, most of them can be upgraded.