Roof Top Tent (RTT) Mods or questions

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I try to limit my purchase from there, REI is anti 4WD and ATV trails on national and state lands, and they fund millions to lobby against the use of motorized vehicles on public lands every year.

Yet you bought a bat from Dicks. Fuck Dicks. :)

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Unfortunately I have only bought 1 item from them last year, I did get a baseball bat that was 40% off and used another 40% coupon, plus free shipping, it was originally a $359 bat, I figured after all that they may have broke even or loss, I just couldn’t phantom forking out $300 plus for a baseball bat elsewhere.

yes I know, I owned up to that, and the only thing I ordered from them since they went full libtard, I honestly think I bought it below their cost, which is a loss on they part.

Taco Loco

Fuck Amazon lol, would you like to compare purchases?

I try to limit my purchase from there, REI is anti 4WD and ATV trails on national and state lands, and they fund millions to lobby against the use of motorized vehicles on public lands every year.

4 pairs of shoes in the last 4+ years.

83AB29CF-058E-4A5F-96CD-082E4DE5ACEE.png

D3C1E416-40CF-445B-A0EE-27E264EE1CA4.png
9908B3ED-01A6-4D53-A215-DD8F567CD987.png
7E621403-BC11-46D7-9BCF-EF5A1EA444FF.png

Silverback

That's great.. but I didn't tell someone they fucked up by shopping at store X (REI) when you bought from store Y (Dicks) which was an equal shit store. Yes you might have gotten the bat cheaper than they paid, doubtful.. but possible. At the same time he got a killer deal on a very $$ purchase and REI can eat the shipping costs and give him 15% back or whatever the rebate is these days. I have no idea. But WalMart is just as bad. Same Chinese shit that was not bought from a local brick and mortar store. Just saying, glass houses... stones..

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I have never understood the theory of a store I do not do business with caring about my reason for not doing business with them. Now stores I do business with would/do have a reason to care about my reason to not do business with them. They cannot lose a customer they never had.

But that is just how I have had it explained to me by business owners.

Oswego

n00b
Passed by a massive REI this weekend on my way to RI. Also a nice sized Bass Pro in CT I think. I really liked Dicks and REI. I hate Amazon. I shop at all of them from time to time. I try not to, but when it comes down to it sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'd like to buy an American car and my next one might be, but the past three have been Japanese due to quality concerns with domestic vehicles and the fact Ford didn't make a AWD snow monster like my Subaru is. I'd like to draw a line in the sand and never go across it but sometimes it's more benificial to do so.

BTW - Think I tell you guys this but REI is the largest donator to a conservatory/preserve I volunteer for and am a member of. They donate 20-30k a year but they are smart and we throw events and meets at their store which in turn creates sales.

Taco Loco

Passed by a massive REI this weekend on my way to RI. Also a nice sized Bass Pro in CT I think. I really liked Dicks and REI. I hate Amazon. I shop at all of them from time to time. I try not to, but when it comes down to it sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'd like to buy an American car and my next one might be, but the past three have been Japanese due to quality concerns with domestic vehicles and the fact Ford didn't make a AWD snow monster like my Subaru is. I'd like to draw a line in the sand and never go across it but sometimes it's more benificial to do so.

BTW - Think I tell you guys this but REI is the largest donator to a conservatory/preserve I volunteer for and am a member of. They donate 20-30k a year but they are smart and we throw events and meets at their store which in turn creates sales.

I try not to shop at those stores as well, less and less shopping at those places as I find alternatives with same costs. Some Japanese cars, are really almost Merica made cars, most of the car is made here with exception to the electronics, starters, and alternators etc.

The key word in my posts, I try and limit my purchases from any businesses who is against 2A, govt conservatism, and OHV’s freedoms. I’m far from being prefect, only human and a former blonde at that, lol.

REI does donate a ton cash to conservative groups, many of those groups lobby against OHV and REI has made it well known, they only support the use of public lands only with the use human muscle, they are strongly against OHV use.

It regards to the same type Chinese goods or foreign goods...Amazon donates to the Democrats heavily. Walmart donates more to the Conservatives. Walmart is there for everyone when the floods, tornadoes and hurricanes hit, Amazon recently in the past 2 years just started a disaster relief team, for marketing I’m sure, but the amount of goods/services Amazon provided during the past few events have been minuscule compared to Wallyworlds disaster relief efforts.

In a short theory, I feel like if I continue to support such businesses, I will lose, and my boys will lose like 2A freedoms and OHV trails in the future. This is a off-road forum and if we continue to lose public OHV lands, this forum might as well be Facebook, (OHV exception for a few off-road businesses and private land/ranches for recreational purposes).

Oswego

n00b
Yea, our land they donate to is a preserve with no OHV rights. I only support it because it was never OHV to begin with so nothing lost but, now that I think about it there was also nothing gained for OHV rights....hmmmmm

Silverback

I'd contact manufacturer and ask them.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Contact the manufacturer before you sew it. They might be able to fix or replace it for you.

Taco Loco

And they recommended sewing a poly-cotton canvas patch and seam sealing the stitching. The tent is outside the warranty window.

You will want to carefully burn that tear/strings with a lighter before you sew on a patch, my mother used to do upholstery/marine sewing many many years ago.