RTT - Roof Top Tent Stuff

unevolved

Awesome, thanks guys!

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Sure, I thought I had some on my phone or in my PB account... apparently I do not. I'll get some pics when I get home this evening.

Silverback

On it... sorry.

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Don't be bringing race into this.. SBM (silver buckles matter).

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

unevolved

I had to sell my RTT when we moved out here to NC, but I occasionally see it go by on the Carolina 4Runners facebook group:

2018-12-12.png

I talked to the guy last week, he's super pleased with it. When we moved into our new house (and I got all my stuff out of storage) he stopped by to pick up the annex I promised him when he bought the tent.

I'm sure I'll wind up with another one in a few years when my daughter is old enough to go camping.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
At the point I am ready to replace my current tent it will have to be when the compressible hard tops come with an annex and are affordable. So either they come down in price, I win some serious money playing the lotto, or I get a pay raise for some serious $$$$. Until then my CVT Mt Shasta is still kicking ass as a RTT.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
At the point I am ready to replace my current tent it will have to be when the compressible hard tops come with an annex and are affordable. So either they come down in price, I win some serious money playing the lotto, or I get a pay raise for some serious $$$$. Until then my CVT Mt Shasta is still kicking ass as a RTT.

20180331_062934.jpg

I think I picked up mine in 2010 or late 2009. I have certainty put it though it's tests.

It's flown off my truck while flying through the desert, 3 covers, two sets of mounting rails, 3 different heaters, a few custom made brackets for the internal frames, remachined hinges, a few patches and getting ready to replace the foam in the mattress.

We've literally have spent a good number of months in that thing. We've been in 70 mph Mojave wind storms, probably 60 rain storms, a dozen snow storms and way too many nights in the teens and 20's.

The only thing I could really see replacing it with would be a 4x4 van or maybe a custom foamy or something along those lines.

About it to go spend a week or so in my Happy Place and maybe a few other places most all nights will be shacking up in the RTT with a Big Buddy or two. :)

Last edited:

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Yeah I just want the hard cover because it's more aerodynamic and when I store it, I don't have to worry about rodents or insects making a home inside of it.

And I want a better annex setup as well... #firstworldproblems lol