RTT - Roof Top Tent Stuff

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
My pillow is half memory foam and the other half is air pressure. Good mix of the both and it does get stiffer. I'm talking at 5*....not 50* so most of you guys should be fine lol

Remind me to not play any pranks on you if we ever meet....or at least stick to the ones that won't get me shot.
Bring us food. :) ;)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
If we were going to stay in the same place and not move the truck for at least two nights, then I'd put it on. But it we are rolling out in the morning, I won't put it up.
It does take another 8 minutes but once it's up, it comes in handy. Stand up to reel in my johnson and change. I always make coffee before she gets up - makes things toasty. :) With the heater, it provides us a cabin every where we go. :)

Oswego

n00b
It does take another 8 minutes but once it's up, it comes in handy. Stand up to reel in my johnson and change. I always make coffee before she gets up - makes things toasty. :) With the heater, it provides us a cabin every where we go. :)

That's the only thing I miss with my hammock. Now I get changed in the outdoors and when it's sub-zero that sucks.

unevolved

Has anyone found a good source for replacement cover straps? My tent could use some new ones. Possibly a new cover too, but not convinced I want to spend that money yet.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Has anyone found a good source for replacement cover straps? My tent could use some new ones. Possibly a new cover too, but not convinced I want to spend that money yet.

Ask @TacoXpo I "think" he replaced his.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

I think when the time comes I am going to upgrade to ratchet straps. Think it was @TacoXpo that posted a pic or link about it.

Silverback

IIRC he just upgraded to the stainless buckles that the Summit series comes with. I don't think it was ratchet style. I could very well be wrong though.

unevolved

Cool, interested to hear what he went with. Ratchet straps seem a little overkill.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I still want to see how @TacoXpo stores his annex when traveling. I keep thinking it would be pretty slick to store annex attached to the tent when camping. It would make setup a little more detailed but so much faster than attaching and detaching the annex each day.

Silverback

He may not respond for a few weeks as he normally goes to his "special place" this time of year. Death Valley. Serious... it always looks like an awesome time.

tx_shooter

Staff member
He may not respond for a few weeks as he normally goes to his "special place" this time of year. Death Valley. Serious... it always looks like an awesome time.

We should all be so lucky to get to spend time in a special place like that. Also BBRSP trip is a week away. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
... and i am hoping to give some of you a tour.

No ratchet straps but more like the spring loaded tie downs. Love them. I didn't replace the straps, just the buckles. I will try to get you a picture.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I have a CVT tent and I emailed CVT asking for replacement straps because mine wore out prematurely. They not only sent me the straps, they also sent me a whole new cover! I wasn't even the original owner of the tent too, so that's some customer service right there!

Unfortunantly the new straps look to be wearing out just like the original set did. The Velcro separates from strap so I'm thinking I'll go @TacoXpo route or I'll have my mom resew them stronger (she's a damn good seamstress).

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

My summit series has some serious straps on it. 4 straps with big metal buckles on it.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
My summit series has some serious straps on it. 4 straps with big metal buckles on it.
I think I've seen strapons like the one you are describing. ;)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
A lot of alternatives for buckles. The thing I was looking for was something that I could use when it's 20's out/rain/hail/snow and I'm trying to open it up or close it!

Metal Hardware