SHTF COVID19

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
2 more days until this thread is a year old. What a interesting time it has been looking back

They say history repeats itself.
If the market declines over the next few days then into weeks, I'm ready.

Grocery stores here were emptied out last week, still not stock fully. The Laundry Fairy no longer questions why we stock up on so much food.

3 more months and we're back into hurricane season, we can't start hurricane season without our covid vaccine, lol

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Lots of people have developed a more "prepper" mindset to keeping the essentials stocked up. First it was covid then it was a surprise week of freezing temps.

Taco Loco

Lots of people have developed a more "prepper" mindset to keeping the essentials stocked up. First it was covid then it was a surprise week of freezing temps.

Yeah FEMA is down here handing out water and MRE's all week, wtf, I should go get in line to get some of my tax money back.

Oswego

n00b
My buddy gave me a case of MRE's he got from Sandy. SOB Christmas wrapped them up and gave them to me at a hike in camp. They kept me fed for a good while when times were tough. Pop tarts were the first things stripped from them. I still have all the chem heat packs because I used a stove to heat them.

Oswego

n00b
Do they know that? lol

tx_shooter

Staff member
Ironic and sad - people denounce wearing masks and barely followed restrictions during Covid. Now that states are starting to remove the mask restrictions they are losing their minds that the states are acting too soon. WTF do these stupid fuckers want? In the end the only person responsible for my health is me. Otherwise the .gov needs to ban Blue Bell and Girl Scout cookies to keep us all healthier.

Oswego

n00b
Ironic and sad - people denounce wearing masks and barely followed restrictions during Covid. Now that states are starting to remove the mask restrictions they are losing their minds that the states are acting too soon. WTF do these stupid fuckers want? In the end the only person responsible for my health is me. Otherwise the .gov needs to ban Blue Bell and Girl Scout cookies to keep us all healthier.

Maybe they aren't as dumb as you think.

If their plan was to divide America and weaken us they have been hitting bullseyes consistently for over a year now.

When I heard that Republicans were siding with Russian commies over Democrats I knew we were in for a shitstorm of idiocracy. I knew we always had some crazies like every side does but historically we are reserved and conservative. Now it's almost the norm to side with commies over liberals.... and thats where we start letting them win... foreign nations that is

Both sides need a time out, a firm spanking, and set back on track with an actual direction that helps the WHOLE country

Oswego

n00b
The common good is no longer in anyone's interest. Sad state of affairs.

and only 2 decades since I personally saw record levels of patriotism after 9/11......... at least during my short lifetime.

Boy how 20 years can change culture.

When hard times hit and both sides dig in deeper and get more divisive vs put their petty grievences aside for the betterment of the country - time for them to look into their mirrors and either wake up or swallow some 00 buckshot

Taco Loco

IMG_0367..jpg

Oswego

n00b
Stadiums forecast to be at full capacity for Philly come June. Got limited fans in stands for baseball now. Think its 16k.

I will not be holding my breath, but I guess some news is better than none. Im in a different state but still in the burbs of it so it helps the local $$

tx_shooter

Staff member
I need to get up to the new Ranger's barn for a game. There are a lot of mixed reviews/ feelings about the new park. I have two friends that have already said they are not renewing their season tickets for next year. One due to issues with seating in their ticket area and the other due to the increase in cost vs perceived value now.

Oswego

n00b
Tickets here are 4x normal value now. Limited fans + perfect weather + winter covid cabin fever = high demand

Lord knows if I had my choice I'll take a sunny 70* spring game vs melting in the summer 100* sun