SHTF COVID19

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
With the possibility of a small or regional outbreak here in the U.S.

How long do you think it take before grocery stores empty out in that region?

screenshots were taken a few minutes ago...

1711E088-C19D-413C-8F92-A0DD8A5648A5.png

22A0DC53-294A-4A74-958C-6D5678FA907C.png

9FF70C91-D4CD-4A3B-81DF-22F297BFCB33.png

Last edited:

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
This is a good example of why my sammich maker and I have extra food at home. We have a deep freezer and good sized dry goods storage that we initially started stocking up to take advantage of sales. Now we restock it when the items are on sale or we are getting low on the item so as to avoid paying for market spikes.

Oswego

n00b
I suspect there will be mayhem. Ill hope for the best but expect and plan for the worst of people.

A law abiding family man when backed into a corner can become your worst enemy when he needs to feed and take care of his family. Good people that have not planned can become the enemy very quickly.

Not going to say how prepped I am any longer, because when shit does hit the fan people will turn on you..... but lets just say I should be fine for a few months indoors or outdoors

Taco Loco

This is a good example of why my sammich maker and I have extra food at home. We have a deep freezer and good sized dry goods storage that we initially started stocking up to take advantage of sales. Now we restock it when the items are on sale or we are getting low on the item so as to avoid paying for market spikes.

How many months worth of food do y’all have?

One of these days, I’m gonna buy some of that long term stuff, not sure why I haven’t over the years.

Oswego

n00b
Corona virus really isn’t any worse than the regular ol flu. Unless you are old, a baby, or in poor health you will probably be fine.

Pretty much my only worry right now is the 1 month quarantine timeline & I'd be fine for that and then some.

My only other fear is lack of prep by family members that I would like to help keep alive. Might be a good time for a family talk. I know my moms freezer is full, but that's no good if it hits in spring/summer if the power goes off because she only has once source of energy w/no back up. Thats why I prefer freeze dried food. Water is easy to get anywhere around here and Ive got multiple means to heat and decontaminate water.

Taco Loco

Corona virus really isn’t any worse than the regular ol flu. Unless you are old, a baby, or in poor health you will probably be fine.

^ partially true. not concerned about that.

Food security is the focus.

Pretty much my only worry right now is the 1 month quarantine timeline & I'd be fine for that and then some.

My only other fear is lack of prep by family members that I would like to help keep alive. Might be a good time for a family talk. I know my moms freezer is full, but that's no good if it hits in spring/summer if the power goes off because she only has once source of energy w/no back up. Thats why I prefer freeze dried food. Water is easy to get anywhere around here and Ive got multiple means to heat and decontaminate water.

this.

All the places that this virus has had a significant impact, the food has been wiped out.
@achirdo what is your safety net? Everyone overreacting to the virus, probably so, but it’s a dog eat dog world, those that have the means will buy to survive.

No one can say it doesn’t happen here, we have seen all the grocery stores wiped out during Hurricane/tropical events for a few hundred miles of the impact areas.

Oswego

n00b
Those who forget history are bound to replicate it....... History of 1918 Flu Pandemic | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Lest we forget 102 years ago when 1/3 of the world population got infected and people traveled MUCH less than they do now.

"The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States"

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'm just hoping to maintain a BAC high enough to kill any virus. I have a pretty good stockpile of Mountain House and similar foods. Might go pick up a couple cases of ramen or similar.

Oswego

n00b
lol

That reminds me I had better stock up on booze. I know I do not have nearly enough if SHTF. Just a few 15+ year old cases of various vodkas from my collection that weren't stored properly for consumption.

Maybe Ill grab a case of 190 proof grain alcohol just to have. Stuffs good for a million uses and lasts forever.

Good news is if it really hit the fan no ones going to stop you from making your own. That would be a pretty good trade to have in bad times.

Taco Loco

I'm just hoping to maintain a BAC high enough to kill any virus. I have a pretty good stockpile of BEER, Mountain House and similar foods. Might go pick up more than a couple cases of BEER and ramen or similar.

fify

achirdo

2WD FTW
^ partially true. not concerned about that.

Food security is the focus.

this.

All the places that this virus has had a significant impact, the food has been wiped out.
@achirdo what is your safety net? Everyone overreacting to the virus, probably so, but it’s a dog eat dog world, those that have the means will buy to survive.

No one can say it doesn’t happen here, we have seen all the grocery stores wiped out during Hurricane/tropical events for a few hundred miles of the impact areas.

family has cattle. Y’all eat your mountain house meals I’ll eat some delicious steak. Lol

but in all seriousness I’ve been meaning to buy a couple 5 gallon buckets full of rice, beans, sugar, and salt. I need to move it up on the priority list. Next time I’m at sams club I’ll probably gets some big bags

CowboyTaco

Thankfully there seems to be plenty of deer in this area, so meet shouldn't be an issue.

I have been eyeing a stand-up freezer for the garage. Might have to scoop it up.

Taco Loco

I'm just hoping to maintain a BAC high enough to kill any virus. I have a pretty good stockpile of Mountain House and similar foods. Might go pick up a couple cases of ramen or similar.

Looking for a killer beer to stock up on?

35A1EBFD-8DE5-4C5F-A624-7603134940F9.jpeg

Taco Loco

family has cattle. Y’all eat your mountain house meals I’ll eat some delicious steak. Lol

but in all seriousness I’ve been meaning to buy a couple 5 gallon buckets full of rice, beans, sugar, and salt. I need to move it up on the priority list. Next time I’m at sams club I’ll probably gets some big bags

5B285BD1-42BA-479B-B356-75A7BFAE5423.jpeg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
The Champagne of beers.

Oswego

n00b
Similar strains transfer from animals to humans and humans to animals so cook your meat good & treat them all as infected when you are gutting them if that's your fall back plan.

This strain and it's ability to do so is not fully known yet so they have theorized that it will transfer the same as other more well known strains.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Thankfully there seems to be plenty of deer in this area, so meet shouldn't be an issue.

I have been eyeing a stand-up freezer for the garage. Might have to scoop it up.
Don’t plan on being able to hunt deer after 30 days. Every moron with a gun is gonna be shooing every 4 legged animal.