Staff member

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Saw this at Homeless Despot as well.
20210608_141943.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Soon I will be putting a red dot on my concealed carry pistol* for this farsighted guy.

* That is if I had a pistol of any kind. I've switched to a baseball bat to comply with my local laws.

CowboyTaco

The guys on the security team at my church swear by the holosun red dot. They keep talking about some guy on YouTube who tests all the different ones and the holosun always comes out on top.

Anathollo

Staff member
So I'm guessing Holosun is good to go if you run their stuff? I'm thinking about getting a 407k or 507k for one of the Hellcats.
I have no experience with this optic so I can't tell you that it's good to go. Holosun does make some good stuff but if it was my carry pistol that my life depended on it, then I would run an RMR (and I do run RMR's on my carry and hunting rifles) (just cough up the extra money, it'll last you a lifetime of use). The RMR is still probably the strongest red dot on the market.

I have the 507C and I can tell you right now that the "shake-awake" does not always work. I have had to turn the optic back on manually multiple times and for that reason I wouldn't carry it.

I got this one because I want to play with and test a micro closed red dot but I do not want to pay Aimpoint pricing for an Acro P2.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
The guys on the security team at my church swear by the holosun red dot. They keep talking about some guy on YouTube who tests all the different ones and the holosun always comes out on top.
That guy is Sage Dynamics on YouTube and Holosun does pretty well.

Anathollo

Staff member

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Pretty fucked up world when church needs a armed security team. Sorry for the sidetrack.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Pretty fucked up world when church needs a armed security team. Sorry for the sidetrack.

Places of worship have always been targets.

When we attend early service, I'am the security team

Silverback

Not always... growing up it wasn't a thing. It's a relatively new thing.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Not always... growing up it wasn't a thing. It's a relatively new thing.

Way more common overseas, and now it's becoming more of a problem here.

Every year you have been alive, someone has been shot/killed in a Church in the United States, not all have to be a mass murdered, like what happened the 25+ folks down the road from us in Southerland Springs.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Signed up