The 12v Fridge/Freezer Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I really like the idea. Although I would never put ice in it. I do like the front drain plug.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
First use of the new Dometic CFX3 35 went well. I had it paired up with my Jackery 240. We had 2 baseball games yesterday and 1 this morning. I didn't tote it to the fields, but left it in the 4Runner. Gonna need a wagon now.

Cool, gotta love baseball!!!

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
The first trip with my Snomaster CL56 was great. Plenty of room for everything. Used the freezer for large whiskey ice cubes, extra frozen hobo meals, and these tasty trail treats when it got hot outside.
20210528_083919.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
The first trip with my Snomaster CL56 was great. Plenty of room for everything. Used the freezer for large whiskey ice cubes, extra frozen hobo meals, and these tasty trail treats when it got hot outside.
View attachment 35200
On our trip to Moab for two weeks we would put two Gatorade bottles in the fridge with ice tea. By lunch we had slushies. :)

CowboyTaco

Something that is worth mentioning, the CSI model fridge appears to last approximately 2-3 years and has some electrical issues. Neither the electrical issues or compressor are covered by warranty.

Here's a link where the vendor of the CSI model states the 2-3 year mark for the CSI and offers to sell a Dometic instead.

I'm going to add a note to the OP about this.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
My Dometic is still running strong +5 years later. It has been the best $400 I have spent. When the time comes I will most likely replace it with another Dometic. Maybe a little smaller but still a Dometic.

1637672285545.png

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
My Dometic is still running strong +5 years later. It has been the best $400 I have spent. When the time comes I will most likely replace it with another Dometic. Maybe a little smaller but still a Dometic.
I love it. ...and btw, I have used that line more times than I can think when women ask, "What the hell is that?" To which, I respond, "Yeah, it may be a little smaller but it will get my side of the job done. ...now quit your barking and get those paws back on the dirt!" lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Something that is worth mentioning, the CSI model fridge appears to last approximately 2-3 years and has some electrical issues. Neither the electrical issues or compressor are covered by warranty.

Here's a link where the vendor of the CSI model states the 2-3 year mark for the CSI and offers to sell a Dometic instead.

I'm going to add a note to the OP about this.
And I have probably mentioned it before but those wonderful people at ARB offered to repair my ~10 year-old fridge as long as I paid to ship it to them. For me, the sidewall may have been dented by a can or sharp object. - use those cages that come with the fridge - or micro fiber cloths.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Knock on wood, my ARB is still kicking. If it was to go out I think another ARB (maybe the one that can sit outside in the elements, Dometic DZ or the Iceco Pro (5 year compressor warranty) would be on my short list.

CowboyTaco

I've been happy with my ICECO JP40 since making the purchase. I haven't had it long enough to make any significant observations other that it is still running.

Seeing that those other fridges are lasting 2-3 years seemed like a relevant update to this thread. More reason to avoid the Chinesium knock offs.

2Toyotas

Thanks for the thread.

I got a Dometic CFX3 55IM this last week. So far, so good.
1st test was with ice maker on. Failure to go all night on Jackery 240.
Ice Maker eats a lot of power, so I suggest that it be used on Shore Power source.

Ice Maker off.
11.5 hours, Jackery 240 still had 60% power. Set at 38°F. Ambient in mid 60s.
I also have a Jackery 500.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Pretty cool. I wonder if you could fit two of those Makita-whatever other manufacturers batteries (like DeWalt or Milwaukee) and still have it fit inside.
Pricing and availability coming in later months.