The 86/96 Build

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I've been cleaning up the engine bay and deleting shit that's not necessary. Pulled the old brown top injectors/installed a new set of Pink tops, deleted the EGR and made some block off plates, deleted the coolant lines to the throttle body and replaced the worn out body mounts.

Donor cab is rigged with my engine hoist to stab onto the Tacoma chassis and drive train...
Gonna try to stab it on tomorrow an see how the body mounts line up.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
pics look great! :bentover::asz:

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
A few For all ye naysayers….
35C827C8-FD99-427A-AA7E-9B40676C5720.jpeg
56A43A57-8C04-4748-9D91-83D6924FD256.jpeg
FA85F4BD-1C5C-470B-B65E-215166FD3C92.jpeg
77FC2F0C-1BFD-4602-ABB5-FAB23E1D5D56.jpeg

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Had some help from Rich and got the cab on the drivetrain. It’s propped up on some 4x4s so I can cut and refab the body mounts. Now I have some room to get shit done once my new plug for my plasma arrives.
27378899-A322-4840-BD07-D33A1ABC20A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Will you need to lengthen the frame for the bed to line up?

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Pic is deceiving. There is 63” of frame behind the cab. I will not be going with a traditional bed. Have other plans for that when the time comes.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Noted.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Next trip will not be a day trip either. I will see what other parts I have in my garage that you need. lol

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
That works for me

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Well this has been in the back burner for too long. Cut off the old body mounts, modified them and tacked them in to their new home. Went fairly smoothly. I have a new steering rack on the way which should be here Monday. Going to pull the old one and stab the new one in before I drop the cab on the newly positioned body mounts.
IMG_6453.jpeg
IMG_6455.jpeg
IMG_6456.jpeg

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
While I’m waiting on the new steering rack, got a head start on the bed base. The cross bars should line up with the braces on the Weatherguard packrat tool box I picked up. All the square tubing is 1.5” .25wt. I trimmed the frame rails back to align with the base of the tube bed. I’ll tie them together with some .25” plate. The risers are some 3x3 square tubing 2.5” line that I ripped down the center.
IMG_6467.jpeg
IMG_6466.jpeg

Last edited:

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Removed the 4" body lift last night lol. Body mounts seem good to burn in. I have to trim a bit more out of the rear of the cab to clear the gas tank pressure/return and fuel pump flange. Added some corners and a rear x-member out of some 2x3 .25wt tube. Added a 2" receiver hitch for shits and grins. Starting on the steering rack replacement tonight since I'm out of welding gas. I really need to invest in a larger bottle..