The AR Thread

fsbrain03

@fsbrain03 so how long did it take you to work out the cover story of "won an AR15 for $40" to sneak this new gun purchase past your wife? The neighbor is running a heck of a deal coordinating "new gun wins" for husbands sneaking home new guns. lol
If it works it works! I didn’t figure, I found this box on the side of the road, trick would work. But I’ll use it next time.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
We just need to make sure that we do not win a gun at the same time from the same raffle. Our wives know each other and talk.

Oswego

n00b
We just need to make sure that we do not win a gun at the same time from the same raffle. Our wives know each other and talk.

& never auto save your log on info to here lol

I remember a guy getting pinched way back in the day on TW when his wife went exploring online

tx_shooter

Staff member
So I made the SBR even shorter. Total length is 27" now. I may add a 1/2" spacer on the buttstock to make the shoulder position a bit more natural. Also put a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 on the 6.5 Grendel on the left.

1616243740872.png

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
So I made the SBR even shorter. Total length is 27" now. I may add a 1/2" spacer on the buttstock to make the shoulder position a bit more natural. Also put a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 on the 6.5 Grendel on the left.

View attachment 33533

Very Nice, what is SBR chambered with?

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
already have it!! lol

tx_shooter

Staff member
Optics Planet is running The Double Star Ace stocks with olive drab foam for $52 each; normally $125. I ordered two of them; hard to pass up a good deal on them. Now I just need the ultra light A5 tubes to mount them. These are some no nonsense basic stocks that do a good job.

1643027819769.png

Anathollo

Staff member
p3a61maljem81.jpg
nffwelaljem81.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
o1jhgmaxc8p81.jpg
qw0wimaxc8p81.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
Transferred and zeroed the Rattler thermal to the 12" 6.5 Grendel Monster barrel setup. Damn I really liked this rifle at the range today. So tomorrow it goes to the field for the first time to hopefully drop a few pigs or coyotes. Or maybe get real lucky and drop both.

20230414_203358.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
So I fell victim to a sale on a barrel and BCG to start building a 6.5 Creedmoor AR10. Bear Creek is not top line but it will shoot good enough for the things I point it at for $150 barrel and BCG. Now to watch for a Black Friday sale on uppers and handguards.

1700336857177.png