The Home Improvement Thread

Oswego

n00b
For any of you guys interested in door codes and or hardware (family saftey imho) this chicks the best. The pics send the message home for sure

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
For any of you guys interested in door codes and or hardware (family saftey imho) this chicks the best. The pics send the message home for sure

Thank you! Saved for future reference.

balakay

BabyMax
My plant upgraded some PCs and we're giving the old ones out to employees minus the SSDs. So I grabbed a micro HP EliteDesk. I'll use it in the garage rather than taking my good laptops out there to look stuff up.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I have 2 of those little things. One for the kid and one in the garage, both mounted on the backside of the monitor. I upgraded the ram and SSD in each. Depending on the model you get you can put an SSD and a NVE drive in them.. ended up with 1TB for the garage PC.

Mine is the mini.. about the size of a paperback book. I think the Micro is a smidge bigger.

balakay

BabyMax
I have 2 of those little things. One for the kid and one in the garage, both mounted on the backside of the monitor. I upgraded the ram and SSD in each. Depending on the model you get you can put an SSD and a NVE drive in them.. ended up with 1TB for the garage PC.

Mine is the mini.. about the size of a paperback book. I think the Micro is a smidge bigger.

Mine might be the mini. Not sure. It's small enough for me. It's from 2016 and has a 3.1ghz AMD A12-9800 and 16gigs of RAM. Ordered a 480gig SSD. That'll be plenty for anything I'll ever need it to do.

Silverback

I had the AMD version at first... it worked great for about 5 years until it would not connect to the wifi or over the wire. Got the Intel version. But they are very small. If you got the mini look into the monitor mount for it. IIRC it was like $25.

Oswego

n00b
Plan was to hire this work out but since I'm slow and budget is running low here we go lol

Need a little refresher. Been over a decade since I mudded

20220114_103841.jpg

Oswego

n00b
First coat done on one wall. Mudding sucks.

On another note I was able to locate my IP from my survey today based off some dims my buddy pulled for me off bluebeam. I thought I yanked it after I bought but luckily did not.

Havent spoken to the neihbors yet but we shall see if the new yellow paint brings some attention.
20220114_122150.jpg

Ip is offset so it's actually set 4" within my property.

I'm not ready for that project yet but I'll need to talk to them sooner that later

Oswego

n00b
Garage is nicer than my house lol

Silverback

Did they paint the garage door tracks black? Those fucking things won't work after a week! lol

balakay

BabyMax
Did they paint the garage door tracks black? Those fucking things won't work after a week! lol
Didn't even notice in the walk through but it sure looks like it. I'll check it out at the inspection.

Silverback

It looks very nice.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Probably powder coat

balakay

BabyMax
Mine might be the mini. Not sure. It's small enough for me. It's from 2016 and has a 3.1ghz AMD A12-9800 and 16gigs of RAM. Ordered a 480gig SSD. That'll be plenty for anything I'll ever need it to do.
Can't even get the thing to boot up. Powers on but nothing else. Tired of fucking with it. I'll see if I can grab a different one on Monday.

Anathollo

Staff member
Stayed home today bc it's just too windy to work in a house full of holes lol and I'm fighting some allergy crap as well. Can't stop coughing and hacking shit up.

But I went over to my MIL and swapped out her fridges water filter.

Oswego

n00b
Trim kits cut for all me windowz and install starting. Woot!!!

20220118_112231.jpg

Stil gotta router then sand the sills but I'm frozen so that's after lunch

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Trim kits cut for all me windowz and install starting. Woot!!!

View attachment 41314

Stil gotta router then sand the sills but I'm frozen so that's after lunch

Nice, sunny 70+ degree day here in South Tejas, would you like to have a remote work location?

Expensive parts run to SA, finding electrical parts has been pita to locate.
Learned my lesson also, don't buy off Amazon, China fakes.

Exit 69 to the farm, lol
Screenshot_20220118-112000_Maps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anathollo

Staff member
Saturday was way too windy to get anything done so I stayed home. Started to come down with an allergy infection Saturday night.
Woke up Sunday to go work on the house and I saw that the tide was wayyyyy out. So that gave me access to some pilings underneath that I could use a ladder to get up underneath. So I got about 4 sections of pier supports anchored in.
I used two 10"Lx1/2" Simpson 316 Stainless Timber screws along with two 6" 316 stainless structural screws (as a backup).
20220116_125219.jpg

Here you can see the 1/2" galvanized bolt has rusted and snapped in half.
20220116_124210.jpg

I finished mowing on Sunday and then called it a day. Woke up Monday and couldn't breathe from that sinus infection so I just hung out on the couch watching TV and hacking up nasty shit all day.

Last edited:

Oswego

n00b
Nice, sunny 70+ degree day here in South Tejas, would you like to have a remote work location?

Expensive parts run to SA, finding electrical parts has been pita to locate.
Learned my lesson also, don't buy off Amazon, China fakes.

Exit 69 to the farm, lol
View attachment 41315
All depends on what I do next but I'd like to keep my hands dirty managing onsite projects till I'm an old fart or retire. Then consult from anywhere. Prefer to work the mind and body for as long as possible