Tinfoil Hat Wearers Unite

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

NY is off my list. Looking at NH now. Stats look good. Only influx is people with my kind of thinking.

ME(primary), VT & NH are places we're considering buying in as well for the Texas summers.

Oswego

n00b
I just realized all the amazon delivery trucks that come to my court have 360* spinning cameras on top of them collecting data.

So funny cause I just watched this last night and thought to myself.....what are the chances the "google map car" caught this guy on camera. Now i know.....AWS prob doing it for them

20 years on the run after escaping a prison life sentence and fucking delivery truck does him in

PSU Taco85

I watched enemy of the state last night on AMC, they had it right back in '98 lol government has no shame spying on you, using whatever platform they can. In this case, your own product you ordered is spying on you because too lazy to drive to a store.

Oswego

n00b
Like the FB 10 year challenge... hey we need to update our facial recognition software. Oh this will be easier. "What did you look like 10 years ago?"
I was Lmao when that came out. I knew exactly what they were up to.

Same reason I dont post selfies nor have my face as my avatar anywhere.

Right now the big thing is getting morons to teach ai through machine learning. You post a pic and tag it....you help the ai.

CowboyTaco

Pretty sure the last picture I uploaded to facebook was 5+ years ago. It was a new profile picture and it is me on a beach wearing a hat and glasses at a distance.

It's crazy and sort of a shame what facebook has become. I remember when it was nothing more than a way to meet girls and keep up with your HS friends who had also gone to college. You had to have a .edu email address from an approved university. Now it's open to everyone and has become overly invasive.

PSU Taco85

Pretty sure the last picture I uploaded to facebook was 5+ years ago. It was a new profile picture and it is me on a beach wearing a hat and glasses at a distance.

It's crazy and sort of a shame what facebook has become. I remember when it was nothing more than a way to meet girls and keep up with your HS friends who had also gone to college. You had to have a .edu email address from an approved university. Now it's open to everyone and has become overly invasive.

yep, hence why I deleted mine. I now have a fake account with none of my real info, no pics on there. I use for contacting people on marketplace.

PSU Taco85

Side note, Biden can track my fishing pics lol
3DAEB566-6AFC-4498-BF65-80D94CAB998E.jpeg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20220113-133522_Instagram.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20220113-193307_Instagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswego

n00b
Nice to see some rumble links in here.

👍

The CEO was on Timcast last night for his podcast.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
When with Biden send Hunter to Ukraine to sort this one out?

CowboyTaco

One thing he didn't mention that could be contributing to the homeless population is the sharp increase in housing cost. The first house I bought was in Fort Worth, TX . It cost us 115k and the neighborhood was pristine. It has since turned into rental row and that same house is now 10 years older and worth over 300k.

Inflation is increasing the cost of everything from gasoline to groceries has been increasing rapidly.

It's a downward spiral. Think about a lower income family. Maybe they have a single car that is older. They go to work, but the cost of gas to power the vehicle has gone up. They are feeding their family less because they just don't have the money to buy groceries after paying rent/mortgage. Car breaks down. What do they do? Fix the car and get behind on everything else? Not go to work because they don't have a car? Not many jobs pay people who aren't there.

I don't have the answer. I know that what the guys says in that video is accurate. Politicians can do more than just throw money at a problem. If you don't try to find the root of the problem, you usually (if not always) spend more on the problem than if you had found the root cause.

PSU Taco85

One thing he didn't mention that could be contributing to the homeless population is the sharp increase in housing cost. The first house I bought was in Fort Worth, TX . It cost us 115k and the neighborhood was pristine. It has since turned into rental row and that same house is now 10 years older and worth over 300k.

Inflation is increasing the cost of everything from gasoline to groceries has been increasing rapidly.

It's a downward spiral. Think about a lower income family. Maybe they have a single car that is older. They go to work, but the cost of gas to power the vehicle has gone up. They are feeding their family less because they just don't have the money to buy groceries after paying rent/mortgage. Car breaks down. What do they do? Fix the car and get behind on everything else? Not go to work because they don't have a car? Not many jobs pay people who aren't there.

I don't have the answer. I know that what the guys says in that video is accurate. Politicians can do more than just throw money at a problem. If you don't try to find the root of the problem, you usually (if not always) spend more on the problem than if you had found the root cause.

that is also a good point, but perhaps a perfect motivator to move out of the lower income and make yourself and your family a better life.

CowboyTaco

I think the question is "how?"

For a lot of those homeless, some form of drug prevention as opposed to encouragement would be beneficial. I'd rather see the government use resources to help those people get sober and get some training. Giving free housing and safe places to get high isn't helping anyone.

I don't think the answer is increasing minimum wage either. That just drives up the cost and makes it harder for lower and higher earners alike.

In all honesty, it ticks me off to know that I spent thousands on a college education and professional certifications/training and some plumbers and electricians make more annually than I do. But then I commend them for becoming masters of their trade and wonder if I made the correct choices. Then I look at my family and our situation and realize that we are doing just fine.

Point is: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."