Tools!

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Got a gift card so I ordered a mosquito/bug zapper. After all this rain, the mosquitoes are back with a vengeance. I told my wife that I don't care anymore if we look like trailer trash. If the damn thing helps keep the mosquito population down then I'll be happy.

I also picked up a DeWalt 15° siding nailer and a DeWalt 1-1/2" metal connector nailer (for simpson hurricane straps) for my house remodel. From what I read online, Bostitch makes all the DeWalt nailers now.

Will be interested in how well the bug zapper works. We can't seem to get away from mosquitos....part of the reason we wanted to cover and screen our back porch.

...though a bug zapper would be cheaper. I've also looked into the Thermacell devices, as I've heard good things about them.

Use natural pyrethrum, avoid spraying any part of the flowers.

Add a 2 or 3 chamber bat house and Purple Martin houses.

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Screenshot_20210525-065141_Instagram.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Our just started here yesterday. Got a few bites in the am shade of sun set.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Use natural pyrethrum, avoid spraying any part of the flowers.

Add a 2 or 3 chamber bat house and Purple Martin houses.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out as well.

xJuice

You like that Bosch?
Was thinking of picking up the screwdriver version of it.

So far so good, used it alot today to put the taco interior back together. I bought the 2 pack kit with the regular drill and impact gun. Only have had them for about a week now.
And by "thinking of picking up the screwdriver version", what I meant was... "eventually I would see the much more expensive brushless drill/impact combo kit go on sale and splurge on that instead"

View attachment 35097

20210526_062914.jpg

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Decided I needed to start getting some organization to my tool drawers. For some reason if it is a complete mess I can live with it; but half organized drives me nuts. Next up is ratchets, extensions, and odd pieces that go on a ratchet.

1622251544157.png

balakay

BabyMax
Needed some new ratcheting wrenches. I wasn't impressed with my GW set so I gave them to my cousin. I've been impressed with my Icon stuff from HF so far considering the price point so I picked up a set of their ratcheting wrenches. They're a little bit longer than your standard wrenches which I like a lot and they're also offset and reversible.
PXL_20210528_153412740.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
I bought this cyclone catcher for dust and debris. You can build your own but for the price of the fittings + the hole saw bit, it's damn near the same price. Plus this one comes with a extra length of hose too.

Worked really well. Bucket is half full. Filter on the shop vac is still relatively clean.
20210531_081445.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Can't say enough good things about these Milwaukee safety glasses with the gasket. Keeps out almost all debris. I like em so much I bought the polarized sunglasses with the gasket for weedeating and mowing around the yard.

Also negative to them is you look like a dork wearing them.
20210423_122739.jpg

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Screenshot_20210601-085521_Instagram.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I totally expected that from Ryobi, but not Hilti. lol

PSU Taco85

I have always wanted one of those.... don't need one. But when you do, you do.

i think I’ve used it less than 5 times since I’ve had it, but man it’s nice. I use to try and find a circular object in the shop to use as a guide before I bought this, now that worked most of the time if you can find yourself a round object of the size you want that won’t melt lol. But this guide makes it so much easier to dial in exact size you need.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I love these Fix-It-Sticks. Had to move and level an optic on one of my sling shots today, these make it so nice to get them torqued back down to proper spec without digging out the FAT wrench.

IMG_4492.jpg