Tools!

PSU Taco85

I also have a cheap ELM327 reader that uses Bluetooth. I use it for injector buzz and cylinder contribution testing on the 7.3. Something cheap to leave in the glovebox too instead of leaving $150+ scanner in there.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I also have a cheap ELM327 reader that uses Bluetooth. I use it for injector buzz and cylinder contribution testing on the 7.3. Something cheap to leave in the glovebox too instead of leaving $150+ scanner in there.

Yeah I have a similar one to that and it works well enough.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Same, I have only used a bluetooth reader with good results. I accidentally left my reader in a friend's truck so it is now in Oklahoma. The cost of shipping it back was not worth it so I just ordered a new reader off Amazon and it should be here today.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Yes. I have one of those in each of my cars so I have some indication of what is going on. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I think I may take this thing back and I found a way to load up techstream on my laptop. We'll see how it works. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
20211225_092059.jpg

Now for Santa to bring the OBDII to USB cable to take this puppy for a ride. Like the Windows XP? 🤣🤪🎄🎁🙋‍♂️🎅

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
One of two knipex tools I got for Christmas. I picked these up because I'm not happy with the Milwaukee version I have. So I'm going to give these a try.
20211229_055132.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

balakay

BabyMax
Does anyone have experience with the Yukon brand workbench/toolbox combo from HF? I know there's a generally good concensus on the US General stuff but don't know anyone who has the Yukon branded stuff. The reviews on them are great though. I haven't had a chance to go check them out in person unfortunately. Maybe this weekend.

Silverback

The one I looked at seemed to be ok, but not as nice as the US General boxes. But that was about a year ago so they probably have some new stuff.

balakay

BabyMax
The one I looked at seemed to be ok, but not as nice as the US General boxes. But that was about a year ago so they probably have some new stuff.
Yeah they don't have what I want in the US General stuff. I'll have to go look at the Yukon and compare it to the Husky and other brands.

Silverback

What do you want? My neighbor has a bunch of that matte black Husky stuff and its very nice. He has the huge tool chest with locker on top and side cabinet, a wooden top bench and a 72" or so tool chest with a stainless top. IIRC it all has slow close drawers. Very nice stuff but he paid a lot for it.

balakay

BabyMax
What do you want? My neighbor has a bunch of that matte black Husky stuff and its very nice. He has the huge tool chest with locker on top and side cabinet, a wooden top bench and a 72" or so tool chest with a stainless top. IIRC it all has slow close drawers. Very nice stuff but he paid a lot for it.

I want something like that middle one. But probably not 6ft long. Looks like the have a 60" version with a wooden top. Just trying to downsize from having a toolbox and a workbench and get it into one unit.

balakay

BabyMax
I'm liking this one. A little more than I was looking to spend but it's also probably a bit nicer. I'll see if I can find one to check out in person this weekend.

Silverback

I know his has the stainless top but I am not sure its 72" as stated on the website.. it may be a 60". Maybe they discontinued the one he has. He bought all these toolboxes and stuff and had barely enough tools to fill two or 3 drawers of one of them. :) He has since accumulated more.

balakay

BabyMax
I know his has the stainless top but I am not sure its 72" as stated on the website.. it may be a 60". Maybe they discontinued the one he has. He bought all these toolboxes and stuff and had barely enough tools to fill two or 3 drawers of one of them. :) He has since accumulated more.
I have enough tools to fill the 72" one I just don't have them out. All the tools I got when my grandparents died are still packed away in the boxes I brought them home with. Plus all the tools I had that are still in my dad's shop that I never went and got. But I don't want a box that big. I'll leave the rarely used stuff or "spares" packed away and only get them when I need them or need them to replace something broken or lost.