TOR Kitchen of homemade BS; Share your recipes used at home or outdoors

garzanium

I'll bite
Got a tractor disk? put it on top of a propane burner and you got a discada...or, got two? Weld a tube between the two onto a base and boom- you got a fire burning discada.
stir fry, fajitas, wings..

Goat recipe
after messing around and being hard headed I wanted to smoke the goat- I found the balance. previous tries came out too damn dry
Season:
salt,
cumin,
pepper
onion powder.

For me I smoked it at 225-250- oak wood for only 1hr-- pulled off the smoker, wrapped it in foil, added a bit of apple juice to it, wrapped it tight and back in.
As you can see, it did manage to get a bit of smoke to create that ring- had a good smoke flavor, but more importantly it was moist and awesome.

Apple pie moonshine

I have two batch sizes here, so I don’t have to think about halving or doubling, especially if I’m sampling the last batch. This is really good with lots of ice. -

1/2 gallon of apple juice
1/2 gallon of apple cider
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
1/2 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

To get started, you need a large boiling pot. Add into this pot the apple juice, apple cider, the white and brown sugar, and the whole fresh cinnamon sticks. Bring these contents to a boil, then remove the pot from the stove and let it cool down to room temperature. Once at room temperature, gradually stir in the 190 proof grain alcohol. What you don’t consume in one sitting, you can bottle for later use. Store it in sterile Mason jars, place one cinnamon stick in each jar, and then store them in a cool dark dry place. After a couple of weeks your Apple Pie Moonshine will taste even better. This batch will make about 4 1/2 quarts.

1 gallon of apple juice
1 gallon of apple cider
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter of 190 Proof Grain Alcohol, Everclear or equivalent.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Pulled pork tacos with homemade salsa.

You will need a large crock pot and blender.
Cut up a texas sweet onion into slices like a hamburger. Place them on the bottom of the crock pot. Place the pork shoulder ontop of the onions.
I cut 1 jalapeño in half and core it. Place in pot.
cut 1 Anaheim pepper in half, core it and place in pot
I use 3-5 more sweet snacking peppers but 1 or 2 bells work.
pour a can of rotel, can of green chilis, and can of chipotle peppers in adoba sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
once done remove the pork. It should fall apart.
Now put all of the vegetables from the pot into the blender. Also be sure to put some of the liquid from the pot into the blender. Add another fresh anaheim to the blender and a few more sweet peppers and a can of whole tomatoes. Pulse a few times till it looks like salsa.
Serve over tortillas and fixings. Dip chips into the salsa.

Last edited:

drew02a

Staff member
Here's the easiest and most awesome chili recipe you'll ever taste (IMHO). I came up with it while I was in college and have perfected it over the years. It's super easy to make while you're camping. As is, it's not all that hot. But you can add chili powder, jalepenos or other peppers to get the heat you want.

Texas Chili (servers 5-6 )
Ingredients
2 lb Ground Beef, lean (usually use sirloin)
1 Sweet Yellow Onion
2 14.5oz can Diced Tomatoes
1 14.5oz can Tomato Sauce
1 26oz can Ranch Style Beans with Jalapeno Slices
1 TBSP Garlic powder
1 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
1/2 TBSP Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder
12oz Dark Beer (Real Ale Brewhouse Brown has worked the best, but I've even used shiner and lonestar bock with good results)

Directions
Dice Onion. Put Beef, Onion, Garlic Powder, Pepper, and Chili Powder into 4qt Pot and brown. Once Browned add Beer and Stir gently until foam subsides. Add Tomatoes and Beans. Let Simmer 1 hour or until desired thickness (It also thickens more once it has cooled off some). Add chili powder to taste

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
I've been looking for reasonable plow discs forever. Everyone is nutso for them down here...

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Add some shit to it!

35F6E52B-D672-482D-B892-FB08EB902D1B.jpeg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I've got a few those.

Silverback

I should have had my dad bring a few down last week.

Taco Loco

Does anyone have a good Jerky Recipe?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I have made it a few times with deer meat and goose. Ground up and put through a jerky shooter. It turned out okay. Would rather use my game meat for sausage and thins like that.

Taco Loco

I have made it a few times with deer meat and goose. Ground up and put through a jerky shooter. It turned out okay. Would rather use my game meat for sausage and thins like that.

Ok I got good Jerky recipe, I got from a friend and I had this jerky in past and it’s pretty good.

Taco Loco

“use La Choy Soy Sauce and Fargo liquid smoke( any favor all are good). I also cut sugar in half but that's up to you. After placing on tray I sprinkle with black pepper, and sometimes garlic powder.”
8F9CE384-E9A4-4D1D-8CE0-104069348C44.jpeg

Also I’m going to try this one.
155B8B46-F290-4C01-B4D1-F7431BEF35BA.jpeg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Does anyone have a good Jerky Recipe?
Step one, drive to Bucees.
Step two walk up to jerky counter
Step three order a lb of Bohemian
Step four enjoy

Silverback