TOR Wellness

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
So I have a client that I sold one of his homes recently. He has another 2 properties that are worth about 3.2 million. I think he is testing me.

If you looked at him you wouldn't think he was in the best shape. He said, let's go for a couple of hikes - the first one felt like it was straight up! He is a monster. Today, we went for another to discuss a few things - 3 hour hike and again - straight up! I knew my heart was pounding so I downloaded and used a heart rate monitor. I didn't know my heart could beat like an F1 driver. :) The 185 was when I got to the top. :)
Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 6.20.20 PM.png

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Messed up my shoulder/neck yesterday in the gym. Its bruised with an indention below the bruise and swelling between the shoulder blade and spine.
Went to the doc since a hydrocodine and tall beer hardly took the edge off. Doc said severe spasm and maybe a tear. Wont know about the tear till the swelling and inflimation go down.
Steroid shot, muscle relaxer, and pain pills. Supposed to take it easy for a few days and start moving more on Sunday. If its not on the mend I will have to get imaging done.
So much for trying to be healthy.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Messed up my shoulder/neck yesterday in the gym. Its bruised with an indention below the bruise and swelling between the shoulder blade and spine.
Went to the doc since a hydrocodine and tall beer hardly took the edge off. Doc said severe spasm and maybe a tear. Wont know about the tear till the swelling and inflimation go down.
Steroid shot, muscle relaxer, and pain pills. Supposed to take it easy for a few days and start moving more on Sunday. If its not on the mend I will have to get imaging done.
That sucks man.

I tell my nephew's that it's called FITness and not BROKEness as well as to not overdue it.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Dang dude, that sucks, hope it's not too bad of an injury.

Taco Loco

On a side note, I did buy a gym in BEE county, Im offering free memberships to anyone here, free workouts(fencing, junk removal, demo, construction, tree/brush control), guaranteed to wear you out, and and achieve heat exhaustion or you get your no money back fo free, lol

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I had a membership to one of those gyms when I was growing up. My second round of heat exhaustion I changed the hours I would go during the summer.

Taco Loco

Now let all of us take this as a health warning. Kick me out of this room but we all need to do everything in our power to improve our own personal health. Otherwise, we will have blown seals, misfiring and a leaking diff.

Sounds like plan.

I really need to lose ~26lbs, to get back in the HT/WT parameters for my age.

Oswego

n00b
Been almost two years under 200#. Was up to almost 260 at my worst about 4 years ago.

Family was making fun of me at the holidays cause my pants no longer fit and were always falling down when we working on the house (and yes I wear a belt) lol

They know I'm not spending any cash on myself so they gave me a gift card and told me to get it together.

Just got a shipment of Jean's, shorts, and track pants in today. Gotta say being back at my fighting weight/size from my early 20's is a very nice feeling. Still fat but not a lard ass anymore.

Tom I'll purge all my old stuff that's still in good shape to the church & the messed up "work" clothes to the trash.

Taco Loco

Been almost two years under 200#. Was up to almost 260 at my worst about 4 years ago.

Family was making fun of me at the holidays cause my pants no longer fit and were always falling down when we working on the house (and yes I wear a belt) lol

They know I'm not spending any cash on myself so they gave me a gift card and told me to get it together.

Just got a shipment of Jean's, shorts, and track pants in today. Gotta say being back at my fighting weight/size from my early 20's is a very nice feeling. Still fat but not a lard ass anymore.

Tom I'll purge all my old stuff that's still in good shape to the church & the messed up "work" clothes to the trash.
Outstanding!

Oswego

n00b
Outstanding!
Now if I could just quit smoking again lol

So tragic a respiratory attacking pandemic cant even stop me from being potato

Last time I quit I think a upper respritory or sinus infection got me to stop cold turkey for 7-8 months. Good ol pussy got me back (booty call that smoked)

CowboyTaco

I got a Garmin Venu for Christmas and have met the step goal, stair goal, water goal and intense activity minutes goal all but the first week. I think I've missed the step goal a few days, but I'm getting it for the most part.

This thing has been eye opening as to how inactive I was while working from home. It makes sense. I have to be on the computer all day and the bathroom is 6 feet from my office. Not much need to move around when everything is conveniently located. Sure, I'd try to walk the block at lunch because I recognized that I was being inactive, but that was about it.

Getting the actual numbers is nice. Some of the other really nice features: getting alerts to get up and move, getting alerts when your stress level is elevated, seeing heart rate and being able to track how long it was within certain ranges, etc. Another cool one is your "body battery" where it shows basically your energy level on a scale of 1-100. The sleep tracking stuff is nice too.

Since making a point to try and make the goals each day, I'm walking a lot more and I feel MUCH better. The scale isn't showing a difference yet, but I feel a difference. My wife says that I haven't been snoring either, so that's a huge plus. I suspect that my weight will start to drop here soon.

Oh, and I also like being able to track different distances. Walking my block with a side culdesac is 1.05mi, whereas walking my street and then taking the golf course instead of the main road is 1.5mi.

I was opposed to the smart watch before I got one due to the amount of data that syncs between it and your phone (which can subsequently be leaked to "the cloud"), but I'm really glad I got one. This one even has a built in barometer and altimeter. It also does Garmin pay (which my primary credit card doesn't support). The only thing it doesn't do that I thought it would is display pictures. My wife's iWatch shows pictures on the screen. She has to charge hers every night, and I have to charge about once a week.

Oswego

n00b
In the future Garmins watches will really kick some ass. I've been watching some avionics and they are going to start integrating systems so you'll have everything on your wrist. Pretty sure the phone was not the middle man and everything communicated by itself. Lord knows garmin owns the custom cockpit avionics market. Also seen a ton of offroad stuff like power blocks similar to spods that will be watch controlled in the future.

balakay

BabyMax
I got a Garmin Venu for Christmas and have met the step goal, stair goal, water goal and intense activity minutes goal all but the first week. I think I've missed the step goal a few days, but I'm getting it for the most part.

This thing has been eye opening as to how inactive I was while working from home. It makes sense. I have to be on the computer all day and the bathroom is 6 feet from my office. Not much need to move around when everything is conveniently located. Sure, I'd try to walk the block at lunch because I recognized that I was being inactive, but that was about it.

Getting the actual numbers is nice. Some of the other really nice features: getting alerts to get up and move, getting alerts when your stress level is elevated, seeing heart rate and being able to track how long it was within certain ranges, etc. Another cool one is your "body battery" where it shows basically your energy level on a scale of 1-100. The sleep tracking stuff is nice too.

Since making a point to try and make the goals each day, I'm walking a lot more and I feel MUCH better. The scale isn't showing a difference yet, but I feel a difference. My wife says that I haven't been snoring either, so that's a huge plus. I suspect that my weight will start to drop here soon.

Oh, and I also like being able to track different distances. Walking my block with a side culdesac is 1.05mi, whereas walking my street and then taking the golf course instead of the main road is 1.5mi.

I was opposed to the smart watch before I got one due to the amount of data that syncs between it and your phone (which can subsequently be leaked to "the cloud"), but I'm really glad I got one. This one even has a built in barometer and altimeter. It also does Garmin pay (which my primary credit card doesn't support). The only thing it doesn't do that I thought it would is display pictures. My wife's iWatch shows pictures on the screen. She has to charge hers every night, and I have to charge about once a week.
I've been looking into picking one up. I've always used the excuse "I'm active enough at work" and that's probably true, but "enough" could still always be better. Also, if you haven't invested in a stand up desk, you should. They make a world of difference. Obviously they don't help you be more active but standing has it's benefits over sitting. Once we move, I'll be investing in one of the sit and stand adjustable desks. I don't spend more than a couple hours a week at my desk (it's just for personal projects, not work), but I find myself wanting to stand all the time but remain seated so I don't have to bend over to reach my desk.

CowboyTaco

Oh, and the Venu does not have a microphone, so you can't use it for calls. The flip side to that is it can't listen to you like your phone does.

Oswego

n00b
Oh, and the Venu does not have a microphone, so you can't use it for calls. The flip side to that is it can't listen to you like your phone does.
Isnt the app on the phone???

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I've been looking into picking one up. I've always used the excuse "I'm active enough at work" and that's probably true, but "enough" could still always be better. Also, if you haven't invested in a stand up desk, you should. They make a world of difference. Obviously they don't help you be more active but standing has it's benefits over sitting. Once we move, I'll be investing in one of the sit and stand adjustable desks. I don't spend more than a couple hours a week at my desk (it's just for personal projects, not work), but I find myself wanting to stand all the time but remain seated so I don't have to bend over to reach my desk.
But you have to actively remind yourself to use the sit/stand desk. I take out almost as many sit/stand desk setups as I put in. Most people don't want them after a year or just use them in the desk position. I'm saying this from experience as I build offices non-stop for work.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I have an adjustable desk for my work-from-home but I tend to only do one or two hours a day standing.

CowboyTaco

I have an adjustable desk at the office. It very rarely gets used in the standing position.

Well, now that I'm remote, it doesn't get used in the standing position at all.

Oswego

n00b
Yes, but the watch does not need the phone to function. The app just gives a better interface to view the data on the watch.

Can you track the watch's location..ie does it have gps? That would be cool.