What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
these are the ultra skinny 20x 1 3/8 tires made for 20 x 1/1/8" rims.

fsbrain03

Looking for some pics of a LandCtuiser to show up with some lights...

@fsbrain03
233BBBFE-8618-4015-9641-145686E93469.jpeg
21B6C255-F7D3-44FE-83E3-A317A2803982.jpeg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Just so we all know - the warranty on those welds expires about 5 minutes before they break.

that’s a better warranty than I offer, mine is once it makes to the pavement from the shop the warranty expires, lol

balakay

BabyMax
Finally talked the girlfriend into getting rid of her POS Equinox. We've been throwing money at it like crazy the last couple of months and can't get it right. Decided to get rid of it while she can still get a decent price for it. I think if we wait even 6 months, she'll be upside down on it due to the amount of miles she drives and we'll be in it even more for repairs. Right now, at the worst, she can break even on what she owes. Then get something several years newer thats still got a couple years of warranty left on it. So hopefully I don't have to post in this thread anytime soon.

Taco Loco

Hit n Run, on a friends 97 Corolla DD car, I replaced sidelamp assembly, hammered fender and flap disc some metal out so the passenger door would open and close. Should be good for another 100k miles lol.

3280B840-C709-444C-9036-F7940ABB4A67.jpeg
C3D7684C-6919-4BF7-A887-52FD907CBD6D.jpeg

Taco Loco

His 96 died at 340K, this one a 97 year model only has 220k, new headlights might cost more than the car, lol

he don’t give a shit what it looks like, requirements: pass inspection, cold ac and goes A to B and these are the people who probably are multi millionaires, I don’t know what his wealth is, but he does own a house outside of the country.

Oswego

n00b
His 96 died at 340K, this one a 97 year model only has 220k, new headlights might cost more than the car, lol

he don’t give a shit what it looks like, requirements: pass inspection, cold ac and goes A to B and these are the people who probably are multi millionaires, I don’t know what his wealth is, but he does own a house outside of the country.

He has money because he doesn't try to keep up with the Jonese's. Very smart & secure man. That cars the exact opposite of the guy who has 250k into a 4x4 street queen cause he has a superiority complex (small pecker syndrome)

I totaled one of them with my Exploder. The rear quarter panel/trunk is weak on them old Corolaas lol

CowboyTaco

I'm not suggesting that he get a new car or keep up with the Jones' (a.k.a. my neighbors), but some new headlights would greatly improve nighttime visibility. That color contrast would hurt my head, but to each his own. It isn't my car to look at, so I don't really care.

That reminds me...if we go back to the office, I'll be looking for a commuter beater car.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Oswego

n00b
I'm not suggesting that he get a new car or keep up with the Jones' (a.k.a. my neighbors), but some new headlights would greatly improve nighttime visibility. That color contrast would hurt my head, but to each his own. It isn't my car to look at, so I don't really care.

That reminds me...if we go back to the office, I'll be looking for a commuter beater car.

I'm not suggesting anything to you ~ thus why you weren't quoted. I agree that proper maintenance is not extravagant or keeping up with the Joneses - it's common sense care.

Just wanted to double down on the point most rich people I know aren't showy or extravagant. Talking people with money in the bank - not debt over their heads. Actually the wealthiest person I know drives a Jeep from the 90's, lives in a meager house, and if you didn't know - would seem like a poor person. Old clothes, old car, meager house. Never any new tech items or tools. He buys old school tools from yardsales, but he can cause retired with $$$$$ before 40yo

CowboyTaco

I've heard car salesmen say that the people who pull up in a nice car wearing a suit are the ones who can't afford the cars they want to purchase, while the old man in overalls will buy the nicest one on the lot with cash.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I generally try to be careful consorting with car sales people; but I have heard similar things. When I was working in small business IT I quickly found out the flashier the person was the better the odds they were living on credit cards. I had a few customers who were real picky with their expenses but their businesses made them lots of money.

balakay

BabyMax
Finally talked the girlfriend into getting rid of her POS Equinox. We've been throwing money at it like crazy the last couple of months and can't get it right. Decided to get rid of it while she can still get a decent price for it. I think if we wait even 6 months, she'll be upside down on it due to the amount of miles she drives and we'll be in it even more for repairs. Right now, at the worst, she can break even on what she owes. Then get something several years newer thats still got a couple years of warranty left on it. So hopefully I don't have to post in this thread anytime soon.

She ended up getting a Kia Sorento. So far I'm extremely impressed with it for essentially being a minivan without a sliding door. Blows the Highlanders we looked at out of the water. That may change in 50k miles but at least I've got 16k miles of it still being in factory warranty and not having to fuck with it myself. Good enough for me. The Equinox can be someone else's problem now.

AlienXtx

Nignog
She ended up getting a Kia Sorento. So far I'm extremely impressed with it for essentially being a minivan without a sliding door. Blows the Highlanders we looked at out of the water. That may change in 50k miles but at least I've got 16k miles of it still being in factory warranty and not having to fuck with it myself. Good enough for me. The Equinox can be someone else's problem now.
Kia makes good stuff, you shouldn't have much if any issues out of it.

balakay

BabyMax
Kia makes good stuff, you shouldn't have much if any issues out of it.

Thats what I've heard. Just never had any personal experience with one. A few of her family members have them and haven't had any issues up to about 120k miles so far. And I have a coworker who only buys Kias (aside from his diesel) and swears they're perfect in every way. She got the 2.0T and the thing is surprisingly quick. Handles great and feels like you're sitting in a much more epxensive vehicle.

20201221_195859.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog
Nice. I know a couple of my drivers have them and never have issues and have put a ton of Mike's on them. They make a real nice v8 "sport" car that's pretty cool.