What have you done to someone else's ride lately?

balakay

BabyMax
Installed a Radflo "Stage 2" lift on my buddy's 2021 4Runner. Just 2.5" Radflo coilovers and 2" rear shocks with SOC uppers. The install was a disaster but it's done now. He had a Shrockworks engine skid and Shrockworks sliders as well. We installed the skid but after seeing how much missing hardware there was and that they completely forgot to send the oil filter cover plate, we decided not to even mess with the sliders since it was already so late tonight. He's getting his tires on Monday and then coming back next weekend to retorque everything and install the sliders once we confirm all the parts are actually there for them. Hopefully Shrockworks can get him the stuff he needs for his skid before then as well so we can button that up 100%.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Shrock left out some hardware for my sliders. They were good about sending the missing stuff out very quick.

CowboyTaco

I had all necessary hardware on my shrockworks sliders for the 4Runner. When I sold them, the guy who bought them contacted them about getting new hardware and it was like $14 shipped.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Yeah, it really is not a "money saving" thing to not include the mounting hardware. The bad PR is more than the $20.

balakay

BabyMax
Shrockworks overnighted him the stuff and we got everything buttoned up today and got his Shrockworks sliders on. He got his 285 Ridge grapplers put in this week as well. Stage 1 of his build is all buttoned up. Now planning for the next stage.

FB_IMG_1622926158083.jpg

PSU Taco85

Got a pile o parts to install on my sisters car, 2013 Mazda CX-5. New LCAs, inner and outer tie rods, rear brakes, and transfer case output seal. Cars never been touched and lives in the northeast, I’m in for a treat.
A5500B1E-8587-4B48-A085-0DAE3CEB2649.jpeg

PSU Taco85

Start spraying bolts now with penetrating fluid.

that’s the plan. I just hope nothing serious or long lead time breaks, she’s moving up to New Hampshire next weekend so not much time to source a replacement. The rear wheel had a pad that isn’t moving, I’m hoping the caliper isn’t seized as I called local junkyards and auto parts stores and nobody has one, and the dealer wants $300.

PSU Taco85

Well 8 hours later I have the windshield wipers replaced, new rear license plate mount drilled out and tapped (old bolt rusted out in there and seized and broke off), replaced rear rotors and pads, bled the brakes, replaced the LCAs, and inner and outer TREs. Only bolt that really gave me trouble on both sides was the ball joint pinch bolt, one side broke off the head and seized in the knuckle and the other was severely seized but I got it to move with some persuasion. Surprisingly enough the Mevotech LCAs came with a new pinch bolt so that was a nice surprise. The ball joint itself was severely seized in the knuckle since its aluminum so that was fun beating the hell out of it to get it free. I didn’t get to the transfer case output seal I’ll do that later this week, but that shouldn’t be too bad compared to what I just went through. She’s going to get an alignment tomorrow as I just eyeballed the thread count on the new tie rods.
48557A50-EC29-448D-B3E0-5F59EF898F14.jpeg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Wow that axle is clean - like brand new clean.

He was spray painting that and everything afterwards, you know the paint thickness is thicker than Toyota frames.

CowboyTaco

Replaced the engine and cabin air filters on the Expedition last night. I'm shocked at how dirty the air filter was after 33k mi.

1631629619508.png

1631629658089.png

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member