What have you done to your ride lately?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Got the new radio installed in the Tacoma. Was about to start on the speakers but there is a nasty looking storm coming so the 4runners got moved into the garage.
Most all aftermarket stereos reuse the factory brackets on each side of the radio and whoever installed the one that came in the truck didn't use them. They opted to use hot glue and electric tape to hold the radio sort of in place.
20210531_123357.jpg


20210531_123859.jpg


Done correctly. Also the factory dash got cut up to be a double din and of course it was not cut enough to go around the radio so had to clean that up. I really could cut more to get the trim piece around the radio on but its fine for now.
20210531_131718.jpg
 

balakay

She ain't fat, bruh... She just a lil' thick.
Not really for my ride in particular but figured it was something I should get after my last one died. Picked up a NOCO Genius 10 charger/maintainer. Figure it will come in handy when I have the aux battery out of the 4Runner to keep it on a maintainer. Will also be nice when we go out of town to put Taylor's car on a maintainer so we don't have to worry about it. Plus my last charger wasn't actually an AGM charger and since all my batteries are about to be AGM I figured I better buy the proper charger. It came with a mounting bracket so I mounted it to the leg of my workbench to keep it out if the way but easily accessible. If I need to move it, I can just undo the velcro strap and it's portable.

PXL_20210604_204444554.jpg


Also my rollers for the sound deadening showed up and the sound deadeners get here Sunday so that will be a project for next week. Got enough to do the doors but will probably order more next week and try to knock out the floor boards before Colorado next month.
 

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

balakay

She ain't fat, bruh... She just a lil' thick.
Got all the auxiliary wiring taken out of the engine bay including the second battery, second battery tray, dual battery solenoid, and winch wiring. Now to spend a lot of money on new shit.
 

balakay

She ain't fat, bruh... She just a lil' thick.
Got a late start today because of the storm this morning. Got the front driver door done though. I'll do the other three doors throughout the week as time permits. So far, the knock test is showing much improvement. One layer of Noico 80mil butyl/aluminum liner and one layer of Noico Red 150mil closed cell polyethylene foam on top. I'd say I got about 95% coverage of the door.

 

AlienXtx

Nignog
Sold it and made $12k off it since my F250 work truck will be here in Aug and I drive it 90% of the time. For the other 10% I might.....
Screenshot_20210609-151657_Gmail.jpg
 

Silverback

Fuck Joe!
Once again Ford is fucking up the names of new vehicles.

So you sold your 250? I thought about selling mine, but I'll keep it.
 

Silverback

Fuck Joe!
Just checked Autotrader.. 2019 250 Platinum with 12k miles going for $82k. Hmm.. maybe I should sell.
 

AlienXtx

Nignog
Do it! I hear the escape is a great vehicle.
Same AWD set up my Explorer has and the same 2.0 eco that was in the mustang. It will do all I need it too. Haul off trash and bring home chicken and pig food and occasional road trips
Once again Ford is fucking up the names of new vehicles.

So you sold your 250? I thought about selling mine, but I'll keep it.
Yeah I guess naming it after a car makes sense? Should have went with Rancho if anything. Yeah sold it for 42k with 40k on it and it's only a 2017 XL.
Just checked Autotrader.. 2019 250 Platinum with 12k miles going for $82k. Hmm.. maybe I should sell.
Shit, I started thinking about it 5 seconds after ordering a 250 for work. I can use it for heavy hauling and not have to pay that HD note or diesel/Maintenance bill.
 

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Any recommendations for a drop hitch? Looking for one for my Tacoma.
 

AlienXtx

Nignog
Reese makes a good one at a decent price. B&M if you wanna drop $$$
 
Top