What have you done to your ride lately?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I need to take F250 into dealer tomorrow and they may have it over a week so I need to drive the Tacoma. I knew the starting battery was taking a shit so I decided to replace it. Damn batteries have become $$$!! $400 for a group 27 AGM marine rated.

Old battery on the tester I have.

IMG_6739.JPG

New battery
IMG_6741.JPG

IMG_6738.JPG

Silverback

I broke a fuel fitting (return line) leading to the filter on top of the engine. I patched it so that I could drive it home, the part is $380 and you can't just buy the fitting, its the whole line from engine to fuel tank. It was my fault, fitting was not coming off and it just snapped. Super tiny fitting, the ID is maybe 1/16". Parts guy said the part ships from national warehouse so hopefully its in stock and gets here soon.

My bush fix, this was on Christmas Eve day... nothing was open. Neighbor down the road builds tractors for tractor pulls, has a killer shop. Stopped by and told him what I needed (something to go from 3/8 down to 1/8 or smaller. He found these two fittings, threw them in the lathe, made them a press fit tolerance. Still added some solder to it. I safety wired everything to lessen the chances of it popping off. No leaks.
IMG_6524.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG

The fitting that broke... tiny little plastic fitting.
IMG_6719.JPG

Silverback

This broke while in Illinois. Still had to drive it home. I bought 2 2.5lbs fire extinguishers and put our luggage near the tailgate. Told the women to leave their shoes on and if I said "get out", grab your purse, backpack, coat and GTFO... grab luggage in the bed and I would try and give them some time with two fire extinguishers. LOL

AlienXtx

Nignog
Htf you manage to break that

Silverback

There is a clip you undo, did that. Now it should just slide off the filter as you squeeze it.. it would not! Tried to pull it a bit too hard and it snapped. SUPER tiny plastic line inside the hose. The replacement filter came with a "cage" like device you are to install to prevent this fucking thing from breaking! Too late.. already broke. Even when I had the filter out of the truck with that fucking fitting still on it.. it was a mother fucker to remove. The other two lines are pressure lines and they just popped off. This thing is under maybe 5-10 lbs of pressure and it was locked on.

Silverback

I was spending the week in Illinois at the parents place. Figured I would be bored so I brought new fuel filters, new oil filter (didn't really need an oil change) and the fox steering stabilizer. Thought I would take it out to the farm and put it in the shop and just do some preventative maintenance on it. After I broke the fuel filter I didn't touch anything else. LOL

AlienXtx

Nignog
Dealership lol

Silverback

Same dealership that wants to buy it. lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Loaded up and headed to TJ's Cycle in Austin to get its first service.

20220112_074711.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Still wearing paper plates too!
Yeah, tax office in Austin is beyond tarded. Ran expired paper plated on the triumph for 2 months before getting real ones. At least these are good till next month.

Silverback

I broke a fuel fitting (return line) leading to the filter on top of the engine. I patched it so that I could drive it home, the part is $380 and you can't just buy the fitting, its the whole line from engine to fuel tank. It was my fault, fitting was not coming off and it just snapped. Super tiny fitting, the ID is maybe 1/16". Parts guy said the part ships from national warehouse so hopefully its in stock and gets here soon.

My bush fix, this was on Christmas Eve day... nothing was open. Neighbor down the road builds tractors for tractor pulls, has a killer shop. Stopped by and told him what I needed (something to go from 3/8 down to 1/8 or smaller. He found these two fittings, threw them in the lathe, made them a press fit tolerance. Still added some solder to it. I safety wired everything to lessen the chances of it popping off. No leaks.

The fitting that broke... tiny little plastic fitting.

$1126 to fix it. FUCK! I'm getting it fixed.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
$1126 to fix it. FUCK! I'm getting it fixed.
My buddy got a bad tank of diesel on his way back from his deer lease. It's $11,500 to rebuild his 6.7L diesel engine. He's letting insurance fight with the gas station (and he knows it's that specific gas station because its the only one he uses going to the deer lease and back).

Silverback

My buddy got a bad tank of diesel on his way back from his deer lease. It's $11,500 to rebuild his 6.7L diesel engine. He's letting insurance fight with the gas station (and he knows it's that specific gas station because its the only one he uses going to the deer lease and back).

Damn!!

AlienXtx

Nignog
Never buy fuel at small mom/pop Station. Always buy from truck stops etc with lots of traffic. They fill their tanks more often so there is less chance of contamination in them. This is especially true of diesel because old diesel will actually grow mold if it sits to long and then that shit will plug up filters and injectors. I use to have this issue in E-TX with my buses because the lazy ass drivers didn't want to wait for a pump to open at the truck stop and would stop by cousin RayRays quick stop to fuel. 2 days later bus is in shop dead. I made them all start fueling at the same huge station and zero problems now. I'd also recommend never fueling at a Velero, their pumps are the easiest to hack and the only ones our fuel cards get skimmed at.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

CP4.2 Bypass Kit FTW

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Never buy fuel at small mom/pop Station. Always buy from truck stops etc with lots of traffic. They fill their tanks more often so there is less chance of contamination in them. This is especially true of diesel because old diesel will actually grow mold if it sits to long and then that shit will plug up filters and injectors. I use to have this issue in E-TX with my buses because the lazy ass drivers didn't want to wait for a pump to open at the truck stop and would stop by cousin RayRays quick stop to fuel. 2 days later bus is in shop dead. I made them all start fueling at the same huge station and zero problems now. I'd also recommend never fueling at a Velero, their pumps are the easiest to hack and the only ones our fuel cards get skimmed at.
He fills up at a popular gas station that's got a lot of traffic. I've been to that gas station with him when I go up to his deer lease but I can't remember what brand it is.