What have you done to your ride lately?

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
They just called... it is ready for pickup. I'll go get it after my buddies promotion ceremony later today.
Promotion ceremony? Is that a wokeness thing? The only celebration I ever got for a promotion was a new pay increase, a new office and once a box of smuggled Cuban Cohibas

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Promotion ceremony? Is that a wokeness thing? The only celebration I ever got for a promotion was a new pay increase, a new office and once a box of smuggled Cuban Cohibas

He is in the Army and got promoted to E-8, second highest rank for an enlisted guy. He didn't want to make a big deal of it. I was one of three family friends that he invited.. his god daughter and her fiancé were the other two. But we went out drinking afterwards at Sholtz Garden (old ass German beer garden in Austin), food was incredible. Got to hang out with a shitload of old-school E-8/E-9 guys and listen to their stories. Good time. That being said, I did not pick up the truck. lol

Silverback

Side note about Sholtz Garden, there used to be (maybe still is) a tunnel from the capital to there.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
He is in the Army and got promoted to E-8, second highest rank for an enlisted guy. He didn't want to make a big deal of it. I was one of three family friends that he invited.. his god daughter and her fiancé were the other two. But we went out drinking afterwards at Sholtz Garden (old ass German beer garden in Austin), food was incredible. Got to hang out with a shitload of old-school E-8/E-9 guys and listen to their stories. Good time. That being said, I did not pick up the truck. lol
lol Oh very cool. I could see that. I thought it was a corporate deal!!! Very cool!

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
The Tacoma has been sitting for 3 or so weeks till my mechanic could look at it. Figured the clutch and or slave cylinder were out. Just got a text its ready and only issue he could find was some rust on the throw out bearing pivot. Greased it up and said everything is working great.
And pictures since we all like those.
20220117_090757.jpg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
This shop would not be the place for that. Also its getting sold real soon so someone else can moleste a 100k mile first gen

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I may have spoke too soon on the Tacoma. Its still fucking up so looking like the slave cylinder.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I joked with him that my friends were saying just have the shop SAS it. He laughed and said he does not have the tools to fabricate that.

Silverback

No grinder or welder?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
He is a general mechanic and alignments. His weekend job is maintaining a 2000hp camaro for drag racing. He still uses old dials and lights for the alignment. No fancy machine for that.

Silverback

Well I think its now on you to just cut that stuff off and make it happy. :)