What's for Lunch?

balakay

BabyMax
Bought a small 14” Weber a couple weeks ago for when I just wanted to cook a couple hot links or something real quick and don’t feel like messing with the big grill. Been using it a lot more than I thought I would initially. Cooked up some fajita steak today to use on salads thoroughout this week. Been trying to meal prep lunches on Sundays as well as pre-plan dinners to get away from not being able to come up with dinner during the week and ending up eating out more than we should. Love this little thing!
IMG_2655.jpeg

Reactions: tex

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Reminds me I need to load up on mesquite next weekend before my mesquite farm gets sold

Have you thought about buying it, or portion of it from your dad? Cut back on retirement contributions and get a loan from capital fam credit. Land is an awesome investment, mine has more than doubled in value since December 2020. If I had a do over in life in the past 25 years, I would have purchased land instead of stocks, land never goes down in price and with the ag or wildlife exemption, taxes are stupid cheap.

Taco Loco

Ribs were F-N awesome, waiting for these smoked farm eggs to cool off; dessert!
20240411_202046.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Have you thought about buying it, or portion of it from your dad? Cut back on retirement contributions and get a loan from capital fam credit. Land is an awesome investment, mine has more than doubled in value since December 2020. If I had a do over in life in the past 25 years, I would have purchased land instead of stocks, land never goes down in price and with the ag or wildlife exemption, taxes are stupid cheap.
If it was just a matter of money, I would consider it. But money isn’t the reason he’s considering selling. Looks like medical problems are going to put a big damper on him being able to get out and enjoy the place. No point in me owning it if I cant enjoy it with him.

Taco Loco

If it was just a matter of money, I would consider it. But money isn’t the reason he’s considering selling. Looks like medical problems are going to put a big damper on him being able to get out and enjoy the place. No point in me owning it if I cant enjoy it with him.

Oh dang, sorry to hear this.

balakay

BabyMax
Curious to see how this brisket will turn out. First one I’ve done on this new smoker. And the first time I’ve ever smoked anything using charcoal as the main heat source. Still using pecan wood as the smoke source so we’ll see what happens.