2020 "Black Friday" Sales

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Not a regular year by any measure; but a lot of places are doing month long sales. So let's keep track of these year's sales.

FB_IMG_1605913235362.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
I am curious what (if any) significant upgrades their next line of radios will have. I may pick up an upgraded micromobile and put my current MX275 in my trail rig.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I am curious what (if any) significant upgrades their next line of radios will have. I may pick up an upgraded micromobile and put my current MX275 in my trail rig.
I think I heard somewhere that the 15 W radios were going to have added repeater capability. That was a few months ago though. I’ve been holding off on buying one because I was waiting for the new ones

tx_shooter

Staff member
MDT had some pretty good deals but they are almost all done. They got hit hard.

Area419 has some deals going today; also Primary Arms does too. Just not anything on my wish list.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Area419 has some deals going today; also Primary Arms does too. Just not anything on my wish list.
My problem as well.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

yeah I’m not seeing anything I actually need either, or a true deals from previous sales in the past

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member
The gun sales were not that aggressive this year. Hard to blame them though. Anything gun related has been a hot selling item all year.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
No need for a sale when that stuff is high demand

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
That is fucking nice! I used to have a notcher, forgot who made it... it was about $200. Problem I had was finding hole saws that would allow me to make a single pass through a piece so I went back to using a grinder to notch the tube. Not as clean but good enough for what I used it for.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Oh FWIW, TrickTools used to sell deep cut hole saws that worked great, but they discontinued them a long time ago.

Edit: Appears they still have some, but 1.75 is not available, which is what I wanted.
Trick-Tools - Search Results for Deep Cut Hole Saw

Last edited:

PSU Taco85

That is fucking nice! I used to have a notcher, forgot who made it... it was about $200. Problem I had was finding hole saws that would allow me to make a single pass through a piece so I went back to using a grinder to notch the tube. Not as clean but good enough for what I used it for.

Yeah I looked at notchers years ago but never wanted to pay that kind of money. I've used the plasma cutter, and the angle grinder and it works ok but def more work than a nice tube notcher. I wanted this one a while ago when it first came out, looks like with the 25% off it'll put it about what it cost around 5 years ago, amazing how much inflation goes up lol The deep hole saws would be nice, I'll have to see if I can score some, the good thing about this notcher is that if the saw doesn't make it through, you can flip it 180 degrees out and finish the notch.

It looks like they still sell the deeper hole saws, might have to take a measurement of my Lenox saw kit and see how deep they are

Morse Master Cobalt Deep Cutting Hole Saws, Individual Sizes

Swag offroad also makes an upgrade for the shaft that uses standard arbors that would give you a little more reach too. I think I'll probably end up upgrading to the swag offroad "super shaft".

6SSA-SWAG Tube Notcher Super Shaft

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Not sure if these guys are doing sales, but they are giving free gear away depending on the amount purchased. I used their wool blankets this past weekend camping. I really like the blankets and the quality of the shop roll and the canvas utility tarp. Home - Adventure Tool Company