Rear Suspension
King PR2012-SS mounted inboard / \
OME Dakar CS047 rear leafs
OME AAL D29XL
Allpro Ubolt flip
Wheelers Superbump bumpstops
Toytec 3* Axle shims TT-RS-846
OME Carrier Bearing Drop FK29
Custom bolt on TOR shackle flip from Drew :)

Misc stuff
Weathertech digi fits
Locker Anytime Mod
Inverter 400W Anytime Mod
Rear diff Breather Relocate
T-case Breather Relocate
URD Short Shifter
Seat belt chime disabled
Blacked out badges using plasti-dip
Allpro Front/Rear SS Extended brake lines
HomerTaco Raptoroshi grill
Wet Okole Seat Covers
Maglite mounted in the cab
1" 4crawler body lift
ARB 47L Fridge/Freezer
Homebrew bedrack
Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Bachelor RTT

Electrical
Fog Light Anytime Mod
BHLM
LED interior lights and License plate lights.
Blue Seas 120A breaker
Blue Seas 12 circuit fuse block
OTRATTW 6 switch bank
In cab winch control
Aux reverse lights
Aux rear turn signals
Blitzpro Hawk 21S LED bar
ATO Dual Battery Setup w/ Optima D34s
Blue Sea 7622 Battery Isolator

Kicks
16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks Black
Toyo Open Country M/T LT285/75R16
Full size spare
Gorilla E/T lugnuts - 68138L
Gorilla E/T wheel locks - 68631N

Exhaust/Intake
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers w/ O2 sims - THY-515-LS-C
Custom Y pipe routing w/ flowmaster 40 dumped behind the axle
ARB Safari Snorkel - SS135MOD, plumbed to stock intake

Recovery Gear
Warn 9.5 xp-s with Spydura synthetic rope
ARB Snatch Strap ARB705US
ARB Tree Trunk protector ARB730
ARB Winch Extension Strap ARB725
60" Hi-lift
Hi-lift ORB
Hi-lift Fix-it-kit
Hi-lift off-road kit
ATO Hi-lift bed mounts
Shovel mounted via quickfist in the bed
ARB CKMTA12 twin air compressor
ARB Tire Inflation kit
Masterpull SBO30000 Snatch Block
Van Beest 3/4" shackles

Armor
ATO IFS, Tranny, T-case (custom extended), gas tank skids -
Tranny and t-case skids custom reinforced with 3/16" angle iron
CBI bolt on D.O.M. sliders w/ kickout
Total Chaos LCA Skidplates TC-86006
Boztec rear differential skidplate w/E-locker protection (removed, it's a POS)
Relentless front & rear bumper
4x Innovations tube doors

Comms
Cobra 25 WX NW ST
Co-phased 4' Firestik FS
Para Dynamics PDC1 SWR/RF Meter

Spare parts
3rd member and E-locker actuator
rear driveshaft
2 OEM CVs
Inner and outer TREs
Shifter
gusseted spindles

Last edited:

PSU Taco85

Been eying up and taking measurements for compressor mount as well as aux fuse box. Got two plates bent up at a local shop today.

First one is for the fuse box. 0.09 alum to save on weight since the fuse box is light. Had a hole cut out for access to the reservoir. It has slotted cutouts to mount to the stock reservoir mount as well.

Second plate is for the compressor/winch solenoid mounting. 16 gauge steel with a 1" lip bent for extra stability and side mounting options in the engine bay.

This will sit in the engine bay on the passenger side wheel well. Just need to notch out an area by the wiring loom by the firewall so it slides back a bit further

I purchased the OEM TRD sport ABS mount that will bolt to the studs that are unused in the offroad models. From there, I'll either rivet or weld the ABS mount to the plate, the other mounts for the front of the plate include the unused air intake mount bolts that aren't used anymore due to the snorkel install. Overall I think it will be a pretty sturdy mount. I hope the solenoid for the winch will fit in between compressor and air intake, if not I'll have to find another spot for it.
Here's what the compressor looks like just resting in the engine bay.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Sure looks like it. I want one of those.

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

Dark Knight

Interested to see the same bumper as mine with the swing outs! I wish 100 times over I got at least a tire carrier on mine.

PSU Taco85

Is that the new ARB Dual Compressor?

Yes sir, I found some extra monies laying around ;)

Sure looks like it. I want one of those.

sent from my Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

They seemed like the best bang for the buck in terms of performance versus size and price. I should be able to run my impact gun off this as well as air up my tires super fast, and it's 100% duty cycle so no worries about over heating :)

This option seemed to work the best for me since I didn't feel like mounting a compressor/regulator setup and having to plumb a tank up. The wiring loom that it comes with also makes the compressor/front locker setup basically plug and play.

Interested to see the same bumper as mine with the swing outs! I wish 100 times over I got at least a tire carrier on mine.

Me too lol it's been close 11 months since I placed my order. Eric works slow but he tells me that it was supposed to be shipping this week, I won't hold my breath. Here's a teaser shot he sent me a few weeks ago. No spindle mount since the side tube protection interferes with a spindle, so he used a bushing setup.

2012-06-269519-29-4095177.jpg

2012-06-269519-31-0595522.jpg

Dark Knight

So sweet. I can vouch for that bed protection, saved my tail light once already. It's worth the wait. Curious to see what type of movement, if any, being mounted to the upright like that??

PSU Taco85

So sweet. I can vouch for that bed protection, saved my tail light once already. It's worth the wait. Curious to see what type of movement, if any, being mounted to the upright like that??

Doubt there will be too much all of other stuff Eric has built has been super stout so I'm sure he has tested it. This is a spare 35" tire and 150 lb guy sittin on the table so I'm not too worried. Should be on it's way so expect some pictars once it's on the truck :)

2012-07-25_14-06-15_156.jpg

Lrgrnr

That is sexy!.........................not the skinny dude.

I was worried about the bushing flex but looks like there isn't any....

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I have those same bushings (in black not red) on the tiregate I built.. they are stout! I can hang off the end of it.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
lol Monkey bars!!

PSU Taco85

lol Monkey bars!!
rofl

Ok so I got to work on the air compressor today and I have to say it was a lot of work and kind of a PITA but the mount is sturdy as hell I'm really pumped with how it turned out

Now if you have any kind of fab skill you could make this bracket but I figured since it was already engineered by Toyota why reinvent the wheel lol

Parts required:
P/N - 44590-04030 - ABS bracket from the TRD sports
M6-1.00 bolts that fit in the threaded holes in the engine bay
Other misc bolts and nuts, stainless steel to be safe
5/16" allen bolt with nylocks
5/16" fender washers and regular washers
Got a 16 gauge plate of steel cut by my local fab shop. 10"x15" with a 1" lip bent on the long side to add a bit of rigidity

Here's the compressor just sitting in the engine bay for a bit of test fitting

Piece of steel I had made

Once that was all said and done I got to town taking some measurements. The bracket requires a bit of trimming to get around one of the grommets by the firewall, here it is all drilled out for the ARB mount
100_0781.jpg

Here's the OEM ABS bracket, I modified it a bit :D
100_0778.jpg

Sitting in the engine bay
100_0779.jpg

Bracket primed and painted, don't mind my shitty rattle can paint job :o
100_0782.jpg

Basically all the holes were eyeballed since I had no way to measure anything, it took alot of putting bracket in engine bay, marking the hole, drilling, rechecking, etc.
Here's the plate flipped upside down with the compressor mounted to it
100_0783.jpg

Basically I utilized the two front bolt holes and bolts from the OEM air intake since my snorkel takes up a lot less space. If you don't have a snorkel I'm sure you could integrate the bracket into the OEM mount with a little more thought. The rear mounts through a grommet that is in the wheel well already, thank god for that or else there was no way to secure the back.
Requires a little contortion of the hands and lining things up but here's where the rear mount is
100_0784.jpg

I had to rotate the bracket a bit to make it work. Sort of deviated from my original plan but there was no way to mount it to the studs since the ARB secures from the bottom and the studs would need to be tightened from the top.
100_0787.jpg

I put some rubber bushings that came with the ABS bracket onto the unused studs so the plate will have a sort of dampened vibration.
100_0785.jpg

I put a large fender washer that allowed for some misalignment and adjustment for the rear mount, the nut was really hard to get to I used a nylock and locktight to make sure it wouldn't come loose.
100_0788.jpg

I had to use some metal spacers (sleeves) to level everything up but here it is all bolted up
100_0789.jpg

For the twin ARB compressor it doesn't come with the manifold kit you have to purchase it separately and mount it. These two threaded holes lined up perfectly with the mount.
100_0790.jpg

They use the same bolts that the windshield washer resi uses, M6-1.00 bolts.
Here it is all plumbed up, make sure to seal all the connections with teflon and/or thread sealant, we don't want any leaks now :)
Kind of matches the speedway blue! :cool:
100_0791.jpg

100_0792.jpg

100_0793.jpg

I also mounted my aux fuse box and breaker today, that was much simpler, no writeup required lol
100_0776.jpg

100_0777.jpg

Now I just need to wire everything up, that's the easy part! :D

PSU Taco85

Got my 6 switch holder mounted today. Also hooked up the front air line finally lol

No more leaky after I put the thread sealant on there with a generous amount of teflon

PSU Taco85

Got some new mil spec battery terminals. These will allow easy attachment to bigger cables for when I connect up winch, dual batteries, compressor, etc. Ordered some wire this week and will likely be redoing the battery connections and finishing up the wiring for the locker and compressor this weekend :)

PSU Taco85

Dielectric Grease!

Yep that is a must, gotta protect the bling. That fuckin tinned marine cable ain't cheap either. Ordered 25 ft of 1/0 AWG for extenting winch solenoid wire and 25 feet of 2 AWG for the battery connections. Between the lugs, cable, heat shrink and such I spent around $200.

Some of the best sources I have found for wire and the like are
http://gregsmarinewiresupply.com/Zen/
http://www.delcity.net/
http://www.waytekwire.com

I ended up buying a hydraulic crimper today too since the factory connection to the starter on mine is fucked, I cut the connector too short so I'll need to butt splice another connection