Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Capture.JPG

Such different views of the same event. The important thing is today the House took a big step forward in requiring all 50 states to treat concealed carry licenses like driver's licenses. This means a Florida or Texas LTC will be legal to carry in California or New York. While I applaud this act now I will need to find a new excuse for not seeing my family in New York.

Currently the only catch to this will be if the firearm you carry will get the same legal protection as the vehicle you drive. ie: I am legal to carry a Springfield XDm with a high capacity magazine in Texas; but the firearm is not allowed in California. Will I be allowed to carry it in California under my Texas LTC? I can drive my Texas vehicle in California under my Texas plates and driver's license. Soo...

Info:
Concealed carry reciprocity bill passes House

Concealed-carry gun permit 'reciprocity' means every state would accept all states' permits

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
View attachment 8039

Such different views of the same event. The important thing is today the House took a big step forward in requiring all 50 states to treat concealed carry licenses like driver's licenses. This means a Florida or Texas LTC will be legal to carry in California or New York. While I applaud this act now I will need to find a new excuse for not seeing my family in New York.

Currently the only catch to this will be if the firearm you carry will get the same legal protection as the vehicle you drive. ie: I am legal to carry a Springfield XDm with a high capacity magazine in Texas; but the firearm is not allowed in California. Will I be allowed to carry it in California under my Texas LTC? I can drive my Texas vehicle in California under my Texas plates and driver's license. Soo...

Info:
Concealed carry reciprocity bill passes House

Concealed-carry gun permit 'reciprocity' means every state would accept all states' permits

The federal law would override the state, on paper you could carry hi cap in CA, but CA is actually another country that is adjacent to the US and you still would go to jail.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Same with Illinois, you need a FOID (Firearm Owners ID) to even handle a weapon in a gun store. I can't even touch a gun on display in that fucking retarded state.

Taco Loco

Same with Illinois, you need a FOID (Firearm Owners ID) to even handle a weapon in a gun store. I can't even touch a gun on display in that fucking retarded state.

Kinda ironic but there is gun manufacturers there also, I never understood that stupid state.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Hopefully this bill will help start stripping down the anti-2nd Amendment laws in those states. If nothing else it will at least allow citizens of all states safer travel. I hated having to disassemble my pistol at Exit 1 on I-10 and then locking the pieces in different containers. That was the most ridicules thing I have ever had to do.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Sounds like a great idea to me. I plan to get my CHL this month if I can get a weekend off of work to do it

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
From what I've read, you'll still have to follow magazine capacity, hollow points and suppressor/NFA laws (threaded barrels).

Also this still has to pass the Senate...

Taco Loco

From what I've read, you'll still have to follow magazine capacity, hollow points and suppressor/NFA laws (threaded barrels).

Also this still has to pass the Senate...

Just another reason to avoid that other country of Killaforication that Rodger lives in.

Oswego

n00b
Good news for Roger and I so far. We shall see what really gets passed into law. Would be nice to get back some lost rights.

I have a friend who's family is suing the state now because they would not issue her a CC permit after documented multiple occurrences where her ex-husband beat and threatened to kill her. She registered for a CC permit and was denied, but did get the pc of paper stating he could not get near her. Sadly that pc of paper did not help her defend herself when that POS murdered her in her driveway a few block's from the police station. I hope they fleece that town for all it has and this is one of the rare times I'm happy someone is suing.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I am a unicorn here so, what ever they do I am actually in good stead for now.
From what I've read, you'll still have to follow ... hollow points... .... laws.
Are there states that don't allow hollow points for CCW peeps?

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
WOW - IL cops can't even use hollow points. Not only a fucked up place to live but you better be good with head shots if you're a cop!!!

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I was coached by a guy that writes most all of the language behind CA gun laws to make sure you don't 'carry' a gun that has things like "Make My Day" on the end of the barrel or any identifier on your gun that screams "I am crazy" or "I am a vet." The crazy may be obvious but the vet part is that the prosecution will make you out to be nothing but a KILLER - not a defender. He's a pretty sharp guy. Here's his bio: http://www.firearmstraining.com/expertwitness

No Zombie Killer bullets! lol

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member
That is some of the better JHP ammo. I need to pick up a few more boxes of it in 45 and 380 some time soon.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I watched a cool video that showed the critical defense and the critical duty side by side out of the same gun in the same caliber. The critical defense got way more expansion and didn’t overpenetrate when shot out of a short barrel. It changed my mindset of “if it’s designed for law enforcement, then it must be better for me”. After watching that video I will always use critical defense in a short barrel pistol and critical duty in a full size

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I watched a cool video that showed the critical defense and the critical duty side by side out of the same gun in the same caliber. The critical defense got way more expansion and didn’t overpenetrate when shot out of a short barrel. It changed my mindset of “if it’s designed for law enforcement, then it must be better for me”. After watching that video I will always use critical defense in a short barrel pistol and critical duty in a full size
That or "if it's designed for the military then it's good enough for me" that always makes me laugh and shake my head. The police and military have entirely different missions/reasons for doing things than a normal civilian does. The only thing I take away from those are that the items that the military uses are probably pretty tough since those guys beat on their gear (on certain items like aimpoint, trijicon, surefire, etc...).

Taco Loco

One of my fellow Soldiers is one of those secret Govt alphabet ABC dudes, haven't talked with him for awhile, but cool dude.

For CC, I follow their load methods, first 3-4 rounds are HP's, next 4 are followed by FMJ, next 4 HP's, rest are FMJ's

Because of the unknown situation they might be in, they may need rounds to penetrate car or office doors, and lethal rounds for close encounters.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I used to be religious about that but have strayed away from it some recently. Need to get back at it. I always loaded two JHP on top and then alternated FMJ and JHP the rest of the way down.