December 2017 Banner - The evolved 2nd gen Tacoma

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Rumor has it that at one point this was straight body 2nd gen Tacoma with a bed and everything. I can neither confirm nor deny that. First I saw it was with a bobbed bed in Tolar. The tube frame and solid axle have just made it that much more capable. Now it is just a beast on the trails with an awesome 4x4 mud flap. Overall the mods are too many and too awesome for one list. This rig must be seen in person to fully appreciate the glory of the engineering and East Texas awesome.

The banner pic was actually taken at the Toyota Jamboree 2016; that is about the best I can remember for no particular reason.

Nice rig @taco4x4rar

TOR Dec2017 a.jpg

TOR Dec2017 b.jpg

TOR Dec2017 c.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I've seen it when it was pretty pristine with a spacer lift. Lets see that was about 9 years ago. I'll say this, on many occasion I have called this man last minute and said "want to wheel tomorrow morning at 9AM" and he is the one I could count on to show up. :borra2::beer-toast1:

P5090146Medium-1.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

This might have been the trip this happened..
DSCF0084.jpg

That winch line looks very familiar... hmm
P1240615.jpg

Not sure what us retards are doing here.. monkeys fucking a football. I guess it looked "WAY" scarier in person. LOL
100_1985.jpg

Last edited:

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
lol

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
I think I first met Randy and many of ya'll here at Long Ranch maybe back in 2010 when I was learning. Either that or maybe it was Shiloh Ridge. I had a 2wd long bed Tacoma. As they say, once you go 4wd, you never go back.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Oh yeah!! I remember when you had a 2WD. @tex had one as well. We have corrupted you both.... in a good way.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I think I first met Randy and many of ya'll here at Long Ranch maybe back in 2010 when I was learning. Either that or maybe it was Shiloh Ridge. I had a 2wd long bed Tacoma. As they say, once you go 4wd, you never go back.
And then you ripped your trailer hitch light hookup off after I warned you about it lol

balakay

BabyMax
And then you ripped your trailer hitch light hookup off after I warned you about it lol

Sounds like the Arkansas trip this year. Except it was @CowboyTaco that mangled his after we talked about how we needed to unbolt it and ziptie it up higher before we hit the trail. But we didn't.

CowboyTaco

It would have been fine if @tex wouldn't have picked that lunch spot. It was worth it though.

I still haven't fixed that.