Desert Does It Seat Jacker

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
In a late night of Internet searching I stumbled upon a clean way to raise the back of my 4Runner's seat. The Desert Does It kit was not a bad price and had everything I needed for install and then some. I know raising a seat is not a complicated thing; but doing it nicely is different. Best $50 I have spent on the 4Runner so far.

Pretty simple install - loosen front bolts, remove rear bolts, shimmy seat loose and then put spacers under seat. The result was great at the 1.25" lift. Now my upper legs are level instead of sitting back like in a bad couch. I am going to give it a bit of drive time and will go to .75" of lift if needed.

Well done packaging.
20210222_180245.jpg

Going into install.
20210222_181024.jpg

After install.
20210222_182350.jpg

PSU Taco85

Looks good, whoever designed Toyota seat layout needs to get their back checked, they must lean way back and slouch low, every Toyota I’ve ever sat in has been too low in the back height.

tx_shooter

Staff member
They have seat fronts also but I wanted to sit up a bit more so I ordered the rear bolt lift.

CowboyTaco

Every report that I've heard has said that raising the front of the seat makes it more comfortable for longer durations. It would seem that raising the back would make that worse. I'm only familiar with the Tacoma side of the house though, so maybe it is different between models.

That said, the front lifts can sometimes have mount points...you know, for broverlander coolness factor.

tx_shooter

Staff member
The 4Runner seat already felt like I was sitting on my heels. It was way more car than truck. The Tacoma is a lot closer to truck than the 4Runner in that gen.

PSU Taco85

If they only had an option for power seats where the front and rear could be adjusted independently...wait they blew their budget on a 110V inverter instead lol

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
If they only had an option for power seats where the front and rear could be adjusted independently...wait they blew their budget on a 110V inverter instead lol
That barely works in the first place too...

I like how they advertise leather and power seats on the ads for Tacoma's now. It's like saying "lool, we finally caught up to everyone else 10 years later!".

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I hadnt seen these. I got a DDI Mount for my Ram for my SHTF Glock and mag mopunt.