Kayak Fishing

SamSter0077

Frack me..
I have a Malibu Kayak X-Factor that some of you are more familiar with than others.. (Rob & Randy and the cast of Deliverance) Just like my Tacoma, Bianca has decided she likes it and won't give it back so.. now I need to buy another one. Has anyone ever tried the Malibu X-13 or any of the "Stealth" models?

Just curious what others are using..

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
I have a Malibu Kayak X-Factor that some of you are more familiar with than others.. (Rob & Randy and the cast of Deliverance) Just like my Tacoma, Bianca has decided she likes it and won't give it back so.. now I need to buy another one. Has anyone ever tried the Malibu X-13 or any of the "Stealth" models?

Just curious what others are using..

Nothing that nice.

Cobra XL and a Perception Sport Sound, neither of which are that great but they seem to stay afloat and hold a fishing rod.

Oswego

n00b
Are you in the ocean or bay? I looked up the X-13 and that sucker is expensive. I keep an eye on craigslist for used ones since they are pretty much indestructible. We are in totally different regions so I'm sure what works for me wouldn't be good for your needs.

SamSter0077

Frack me..
Are you in the ocean or bay? I looked up the X-13 and that sucker is expensive. I keep an eye on craigslist for used ones since they are pretty much indestructible. We are in totally different regions so I'm sure what works for me wouldn't be good for your needs.

There is a dude in Austin with one for $600.00 on CL. I think I am going to go all out on this one though.. I read this "Stealth Review" and fell in love. I would fish in the Bay, or the surf.. I have taken my xfactor out past the breakers.. it's not that hard really.. these new models apparently have a bait well integrated and a standing platform which is cool.

Fishing is going to be great this October, just need to rob a bank somewhere.

hmm... Kayak Fishing Side trip? Camp at Galveston state park and attack the bay??

Last edited:

SamSter0077

Frack me..
Ethan (7 year old son) went fishing with Bianca last weekend and made a killing.. caught Croaker, black drum, one keeper Red Fish and one Bull Red that snapped the 15lb line when he got it to the boat. Dead shrimp on the bottom from a kayak maybe 1-2miles from the Park camping area. October is supposed to be the "red fish" month.. with so llittle rain on land, it might make for some great fishing this season.

Bianca had the red fish cooked and ready to go when I got home, I am not much of a fish eater but Specs and Red Fish taste great!

Oswego

n00b
I don't know if you have them out there but REI and EMS rent kayaks here and at the end of the season (coming soon) they sell off the old ones for a nice discount.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Oswego

n00b
I ordered a Stealth 12 from REI.. I thought they had a pretty good deal. Wish I had more Color choices.

Nice yak. I like the 450# capacity & plenty of room for supplies. That would make a really good camping kayak on my rivers.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Sam, if you make a trip down to GISP to fish the bay let me know. I'd like to get out there. Ive only had my yaks on bayous at this point and want to see how they (and I) do on the bay.