Nov 10-13 : Arkansas Hunt for the toothbrush inventor Part 2 - How to turn a toothbrush into a prison shank.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Join our perilous group of adventurers as they continue their tireless search for the man who invented the toothbrush. But what will happen this time... Will there be water to cross that is more than ankle deep? Will @bakerla be talked out of retirement from jumping over a roaring camp fire? Will @balakay growaset and go before his wedding? Will @tex have new tires or a new bumper? Will @tx_shooter be forced to fake his own death to get time off work to go? Will @Silverback have too many antennas and be mistaken for "the fuzz"? Will they all go to jail and be forced to carve shanks from toothbrushes? Join us and find out.

WTF am I talking about.. did the heat get to me? Well let me tell you a tale of adventure and mystery... love lost and love found. Basically... we are going back to the Ozarks. If you missed our last journey there you can read about it here. October 6-9 Arkansas hunt for the toothbrush inventor

So lets talk about this a little. First off, this post will most likely be update many times over the next few months... so deal with it. I don't care if you ask a question down below.... but if the answer is up here. We are all gonna call you stupid... and if you go on the trip your radio handle will be 'stupid'... shit we may have to expand to stupid_1 and stupid_2, etc.

1: When are we going?
Duh Fucker... read... look.. up above... Nov 10-13. Figure meet up on the 11th and hit the trails... so plan accordingly.

2: The Ozarks? Really? I've seen that show. Will we meet Marty Byrd?
The Ozarks.. we will map out a route later and determine where we will meet up and the route we will attempt to follow. This is just to get it on the radar and get us thinking about it.
As for Marty Byrd, yes, we will be meeting up and then running several hundred pounds of the finest drugs for him. Just don't make eye contact and don't stare at the poppy fields.

3: Rig requirements: I'll say that what we had last time was overkill for what we did. That being said lets make it this.
a: 4 wheel drive.. if you don't have lockers then make sure you have item b.
b: Recovery points front and back
c: Communication of sorts. CB, GMRS, HAM. We'll get a better understanding once folks who plan to go comment. If nobody has HAM then that doesn't do anyone any good to require it. So we'll see.
d: Good tires and a spare. If you "should probably get new tires".. go get new tires now. For one, tires are not easy to find so order them now.
e: Recovery gear. You don't have to have everything but you should have the basics. Once again... NO METAL HOOKS ON STRAPS.
f: Fire extinguisher and first aid kit

4: Camp arraignments.
Last time we just sorta drove until we found a place... and it may be that way this time as well. I don't know Margo! We'll know more as we plan this "overland expedition".. fuck I hate that word... OVERLAND. Lets not use it. Ok.. we need like a swear jar for people who do. We are not exploring South America or Africa... it's fucking Arkansas. We are car camping.

Anyhow, I digress.. camping arraignments. You can camp anywhere and in anything you like.... except in my tent. That is the only rule.. not in my tent. Want to hammock camp.. awesome.. tent camp.. sweet.. bringing a trailer... cool... RTT.. baller. We'll most likely find a nice large area and spread out like your mom. Oh yeah.. don't think there won't be "your mom" jokes. Don't worry, she already knows.. I told her at lunch.

5: But Silverback... what else?
I don't fucking know.. like I said.. expect edits to this. It's Friday... its hot.. beer is cold. I need to work on my junk so I can get it ready to go. Fuck I can't hold your hand all the time. Go do some research and post it here.

6: List of interested members who have got permission from their spouses and/or/or not work. lol
1: @Silverback
2: @Taco Loco
3: @MatthewMay1 "maybe"
4: Friend of Silverback

Last edited:

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Hey... our trip to BBRSP you are the one that should have faked his own death to get away from work. Will put this one on my work calendar tomorrow. My sammich maker will not know her plan until the Fall semester is posted.

Last edited:

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Interested and really no obligations on my calendar that weekend. Guess I need to figure out a spare tire and mount my Midland to be in the cool kid club of radio chatter.

Silverback

Get on it A-Aron. I just welded up the final light tab on the rack. Tomorrow will be to create a HiLift mount and then the welding on that bitch is done. I have the wires for most of the lights ran through the tubing but need to finish that up.

balakay

BabyMax
Weekend before the wedding so I’m gonna try the “happy wife, happy life” thing and say I’m not gonna be available for this one.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Weekend before the wedding so I’m gonna try the “happy wife, happy life” thing and say I’m not gonna be available for this one.

Make it part of your bachelor party, problem solved.

Silverback

Updated

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Get on it A-Aron. I just welded up the final light tab on the rack. Tomorrow will be to create a HiLift mount and then the welding on that bitch is done. I have the wires for most of the lights ran through the tubing but need to finish that up.
I'll just use a tire plug kit, flip flop, and air compressor. Problem solved

Silverback

It's been done before.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
My 2 options are buy 5 smaller tires, spare wheel, and a stock spare tire hoist.

Or buy 1 matching tire and wheel, this bumper 03-09 4th Gen 4Runner Hybrid Rear Bumper - DIY , and heavier rear springs.

Funny part is that the bumper option is slightly cheaper.

Silverback

That bumper is slick.

Silverback

I'll update the 1st post to include a list of the people who are going.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
I put the spousal unit on alert, not work though. Will see what my time off looks like after Colorado in September. Probably bring the doggo this trip.

Silverback

I'm also thinking about bringing my dog. What kind of dog do you have?