October 6-9 Arkansas hunt for the toothbrush inventor

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I plan on going around that time frame and probably for a full week, my brother and I want to do some fly fishing.
There's some great fishing up there. I discovered a backcountry airstrip in a valley that's walking distance from a creek with no paved roads that lead to it. Probably would be great fishing due to the remote location methinks. It would be an awesome fly-in camping spot. No phone signal down in there either.

IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0656.JPG

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
When I was in Alaska I would take rides with Blackhawks and the pilots where always going down low to scout for places to hunt moose. :)

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Army warrant officer is a possibility also, but that would be if the reserve/guard doesn’t work out

I’m currently at a baseball game...

Army warrant would require to be enlisted and finish AIT, plus 6 months before I could even drop an accession warrant packet in, if you even consider going this route talk to me before hand. There is also the commissioned route, which I didn’t do, but I have seen guys pass all the aviation prerequisites and only get commissioned for aviation( usually choice of aircraft is based on rankings how well the individual does). Stay away from flying for any State NG guard.

I did do direct commissions accessions(enlisted with degree and goes before a board) but I would try and get into AF first, Army deployments could really suck(lengthy) compared AF pilots/units...if not I still have atleast 2 contacts that I worked with for a couple years, they plan on retiring within the next 2 years, but I could get more update information from them. The Army Warrant constantly changes, and it’s also good to know how many warrants the Army plans for future boards/recruitment.

That was a jab @Taco Loco lol

But if you want to fly ARMY then go helicopters.
fucker, lol
I said ‘Military pilot’, I did not specify Army...

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I’m currently at a baseball game...

Army warrant would require to be enlisted and finish AIT, plus 6 months before I could even drop an accession warrant packet in, if you even consider going this route talk to me before hand. There is also the commissioned route, which I didn’t do, but I have seen guys pass all the aviation prerequisites and only get commissioned for aviation( usually choice of aircraft is based on rankings how well the individual does). Stay away from flying for any State NG guard.

I did do direct commissions accessions(enlisted with degree and goes before a board) but I would try and get into AF first, Army deployments could really suck(lengthy) compared AF pilots/units...if not I still have atleast 2 contacts that I worked with for a couple years, they plan on retiring within the next 2 years, but I could get more update information from them. The Army Warrant constantly changes, and it’s also good to know how many warrants the Army plans for future boards/recruitment.

fucker, lol
Why don’t you suggest a guard slot? I’ve spoken to many ANG pilots who love it. Some even say it’s a better deal than the AF.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Why don’t you suggest a guard slot? I’ve spoken to many ANG pilots who love it. Some even say it’s a better deal than the AF.

That is called Stockholm Syndrome. After a while you begin to appreciate the abuse and call it love.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Not to many non-AF Academy grads flying fighters.. they are a few... at least when I was in the majority of fighter pilots (at least on F-15's) were AF Academy grads. My neighbor did the Navy as a helicopter pilot, then got out and did AF Guard and flew 130's and then got a job at United. She is now a captain there and makes very good money.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
fucker, lol
It was the best recruiter meme I could find at the time...All the other ones were about the Marines for some odd reason?
7f128474fe5b96a6e9d4c603c5efef92.jpg
origin.jpg

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Not to many non-AF Academy grads flying fighters.. they are a few... at least when I was in the majority of fighter pilots (at least on F-15's) were AF Academy grads. My neighbor did the Navy as a helicopter pilot, then got out and did AF Guard and flew 130's and then got a job at United. She is now a captain there and makes very good money.
That’s fine with me, I’d rather be in a crew environment with the ability to get up out of my seat in flight.