The BS Thread

AlienXtx

Nignog
Nice, on those French presses, do you just do a quick wash of the parts each day and then occasionally throw into dishwasher for a deeper clean?
I rinse mine out each morning and loosen up the press/screen section and rinse out the old grounds. I wash it out with soap and break down the press section and wash once a week. Being stainless it cleans up easy. I had a glass one that picked up the oils from the coffee way more and needed to be wiped out constantly.
Also a courser grind works better, but requires a longer brew time. The finer grinds are faster but can plug up the screens.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
IMG_9681.gif

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Been a lucky day for my sammich maker today. I bought her Tacoma new tires the other day with an appointment to get them installed Monday afternoon. She decided to try to get them installed this morning and I wished her good luck. She made it across town, got her Starbucks, got the tires mounted, and was headed home within an hour. Normally the drive alone is 20 minutes one way; much less the wait time at Discount Tire.

Then we were sitting on the couch after lunch when our phones started getting lots of text messages. Apparently she bought a 4H raffle ticket last month which we thought had already passed without winning anything. Today our phones started blowing up from our friends telling us congrats on winning a side of beef. Needless to say; she has bought lotto tickets.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Kind of sad; went looking for a forum I used to frequent and now it is gone. Apparently the owner died and ownership was not available to be passed along so the forum died when hosting died.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I’m going to continue the coffee conversation by asking for opinions. While I’m living out of a hotel for a month I do not want to drink hotel coffee so I was originally planning on being my keurig with me but that may be a bit much. Instead, I’m considering an Aeropress or a French Press and am not sure which to get. The Aeropress website says it can make 10oz of regular coffee as well as espresso but my friend is telling me that for making regular coffee to go with the French press. I like to make regular coffee and also enjoy espresso.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I have taken my french press on trips several times. Just don't get a glass one. Get some good coffee in a course ground from central market. Make sure you have a way to heat water and you are all good.

CowboyTaco

I’m going to continue the coffee conversation by asking for opinions. While I’m living out of a hotel for a month I do not want to drink hotel coffee so I was originally planning on being my keurig with me but that may be a bit much. Instead, I’m considering an Aeropress or a French Press and am not sure which to get. The Aeropress website says it can make 10oz of regular coffee as well as espresso but my friend is telling me that for making regular coffee to go with the French press. I like to make regular coffee and also enjoy espresso.

I have a small 5 cup drip machine that I took to the office when I went in. It mostly sits unused in my office at home. You are welcome to come and get it as long as it is returned at the end of your stay.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Booked a 2 week fishing trip to Kodiak, AK in august. Now to just bide some time and save up for an extra chest freezer lol
So freaking jelly. Best fishing you can do in America.