The BS Thread

PSU Taco85

So freaking jelly. Best fishing you can do in America.
I’m pretty excited about it. Going with a few buddies and a couple of coworkers. There is a cabin we’ll be staying at for the duration. Same guy my buddy went to last year so after seeing all his pictures it was a no brainer to book it when he told me there were some more open spots for this season.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I have a small 5 cup drip machine that I took to the office when I went in. It mostly sits unused in my office at home. You are welcome to come and get it as long as it is returned at the end of your stay.
Thanks for the offer! My friend just gave me both his Aeropress and his French Press for me to bring. That way I can experiment with both

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I’m pretty excited about it. Going with a few buddies and a couple of coworkers. There is a cabin we’ll be staying at for the duration. Same guy my buddy went to last year so after seeing all his pictures it was a no brainer to book it when he told me there were some more open spots for this season.
I went with my brothers, dad & cousins back in 2009 and it was the best fishing I've ever done. Also some of the best fish I've ever eaten as well. The only thing that sucks is the daily salmon limit and the price to ship your fish home lol

PSU Taco85

I went with my brothers, dad & cousins back in 2009 and it was the best fishing I've ever done. Also some of the best fish I've ever eaten as well. The only thing that sucks is the daily salmon limit and the price to ship your fish home lol

My buddy was telling me there is a place that will buy your fish if you ship them home, and basically the break even point is about selling half your haul that you take home.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
My mother’s BMW X3 needs a new battery.

It currently has a 105Ah 950CCA battery installed. I can get a new one for $340

Next best option is 95Ah 900CCA at Costco for $135.

Not sure if it really needs 105Ah. The car could have come with a 92Ah battery from the dealer, but for some reason hers has the larger battery even though the car has zero additional features. Wondering if it would be fine with that Costco one.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
105Ah is a big friggin battery. I had a couple 100 Ah AGM and they were 75-77 lbs.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
I thought it’s a bit overkill. Ended up getting the 95Ah battery from Costco. I figure if a 92Ah battery was an option (and more popular according to the BMW Parts counter employee) this 95Ah will be fine. I feel like there’s no way that car can have anywhere near 95A worth of load under normal conditions. My friend has a tuner box so I can reset the computer to tell the car it has a new battery and while I’m using it I’m also going to code out that dumb auto start/stop feature. I’m sure that contributes to premature battery wear.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
This work trip is a long one. First portion is with my team so every night has been a late night getting to talk with people we normally do not see in person. But now I have to go be squared away for the rest of the trip. Hope I can get some sleep on the flights this morning.

The state capital was nice looking when the snow started coming down last night.

20230118_234124.jpg

Last edited:

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
My mother’s BMW X3 needs a new battery.

It currently has a 105Ah 950CCA battery installed. I can get a new one for $340

Next best option is 95Ah 900CCA at Costco for $135.

Not sure if it really needs 105Ah. The car could have come with a 92Ah battery from the dealer, but for some reason hers has the larger battery even though the car has zero additional features. Wondering if it would be fine with that Costco one.
Does your mom's car have a start stop feature? I just replaced my mom's 105ah battery in her X5. IIRC her battery was only $260 from the dealer.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Does your mom's car have a start stop feature? I just replaced my mom's 105ah battery in her X5. IIRC her battery was only $260 from the dealer.
It does, and I suspect that's the reason for the high amp hour rating. From the dealer the 92Ah battery was $344 and the 105Ah was $320. I went with the 95Ah Costco battery ($183) and will be disabling that start/stop feature later today when I code in the new battery.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
So I found a wrench that size while running in the neighborhood next to work. I picked it up and still have it.

AlienXtx

Nignog
It is an odd size but there are a couple bolts that take it.
F150 lug nuts and the nut holding on the tie rods ends..had to use my 21 and my 24mm this past weekend.