What has your ride DONE FOR YOU lately?

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Made use of the rain delay and picked up 5k lbs of some concrete stuff.

Screenshot_20210708-192804_Gallery.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Let me know how you move it. I need to do the same in January
Moved a 60 fishing reel liberty safe a couple times 640lbs, 2 folks and a furniture dolly, tilt safe back, cram dolly underneath, block wheels and slide safe unto dolly, move into house etc.

balakay

BabyMax
I need to move my 40 gun safe soon. Luckily I only need to move it a few feet so I can paint around it and replace the baseboards. Debating if I want to go ahead and replace the flooring in that room as well to avoid moving it again when we do the rest of the floors. Or if I feel really frisky I’ll just cut the carpet out and anchor it to the concrete and then just lay the new floor around it.

PSU Taco85

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Door threshold is easy. Few pieces of round tube on each side of threshold. Or use wooden dowels. Roll the safe right over on the tube or rods

CowboyTaco

Take the door off if you can. That should save at least some weight.

I don't have a furniture dolly, but I do have one that is rated to something like 900lbs. I used ratchet straps to anchor it to the dolly and get a friend to help.

...you could also call a furniture moving company to come and get it inside for you. That's the ultimate lazy way.

PSU Taco85

Door threshold is easy. Few pieces of round tube on each side of threshold. Or use wooden dowels. Roll the safe right over on the tube or rods

yeah I had planned to build a ramp or use some tubing, I’ll have to measure first to see the height
Take the door off if you can. That should save at least some weight.

I don't have a furniture dolly, but I do have one that is rated to something like 900lbs. I used ratchet straps to anchor it to the dolly and get a friend to help.

...you could also call a furniture moving company to come and get it inside for you. That's the ultimate lazy way.

the weight isn’t the problem it’s the change in height. My goal is to make it a flat as possible transition from the trailer to the house. Definitely not paying anyone, I just got finished watching the story on Eddie Hall on Netflix and I’m juiced up to pick it up by myself at this point lol

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
This 30' telephone pole washed up between my neighbors pier and mine yesterday morning. My neighbor tied it off before going to work but by the time I was on my way home it had come loose and was banging up against my pier. So my neighbor helped me get up on the bank and then I hooked my truck up to it with a strap and pulled it up onto the yard. Probably going to cut it into sections and make a cool rope/pier fence for the front yard.
20230907_170150.jpg

20230907_170144.jpg

20230907_171037.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
Towed a ton of stuff this past week. My trailer was loaded down with scrap wood for deer blinds. Due to the fog and rain, I just cruised at 55-60mph the whole way down south from the Devils Gooch.
20240124_120859.jpg

70 2"X4" x8' studs.
20240124_120844.jpg

The deer blinds walls. We assembled them at camp (because we had power there), towed them out to the site and put them together there.
20240125_121744.jpg

20240125_122844.jpg

Finally got home. Getting a bath today.
20240128_152617.jpg

Another V8 4Runner putting in work as well! This has a swapped FJ cruiser case in it.
20240126_112807.jpg