2nd gen Tacoma Warranty Expanded

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So apparently part of the results of the latest lawsuit about the frame is that Toyota has extended the warranty on the frames. I had my frame checked last spring but I still received this in the mail today. I wish Toyota did not have these frame issues; but I guess even great vehicles have to have something that screws up.

20171020_172408.jpg

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Same thing they did for the dash boards on several Lexus models. Covered them for 10 years from date of service.

Oswego

n00b
I got that a few months ago. Saves my ass since I never took mine in for inspection during the time frame allowed. My sister also got one for her Sequoya. Good news for her because her frames trashed.

Last month I got a similar letter from Subaru extending CVT drive train warranty's for 100k/10years. it also provided claim forms for people who had out of pocket expenses that were over 36k/3yr. I was not happy to get that one - already had bought the 100k/10year. Yea for CVT...lol Chick I know has a stick and she never got the letter.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I had not heard about the Sequoia's having frame problems. At least the manufacturers are taking care of long term issues now.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I got that a few months ago. Saves my ass since I never took mine in for inspection during the time frame allowed. My sister also got one for her Sequoya. Good news for her because her frames trashed.

Last month I got a similar letter from Subaru extending CVT drive train warranty's for 100k/10years. it also provided claim forms for people who had out of pocket expenses that were over 36k/3yr. I was not happy to get that one - already had bought the 100k/10year. Yea for CVT...lol Chick I know has a stick and she never got the letter.

You should capitalize on that frame issue... didn't it cause engine damage? :D

taco4x4rar

Lol got one for my tacoma, just don't think they'll cover it anymore, also got one for the tundra but it's not covered anymore, way outside mileage

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Lol got one for my tacoma, just don't think they'll cover it anymore, also got one for the tundra but it's not covered anymore, way outside mileage

Take it in and make them inspect it. LOL

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Take it in and make them inspect it. LOL

^this.

I got a postcard today about the Takata air bags, it did not tell me which vehicle, I will have log onto a website to check.

tx_shooter

Staff member
That would be rather amusing

Maybe treat the frame warranty like the leaf spring recall. You can submit them the metal bill and tell them you "upgraded the frame" and get reimbursed like the leaf springs. lol That would be pretty sweet.

Oswego

n00b
Maybe treat the frame warranty like the leaf spring recall. You can submit them the metal bill and tell them you "upgraded the frame" and get reimbursed like the leaf springs. lol That would be pretty sweet.

I need to submit my receipt for my Dakars instead of getting the second set of TSB leaf packs. So far in 94k Ive had three different leaf packs. OE set, TSB replaced OE set with new OE 4 leaf pack, then I recplaced with Dakars. Now my old TSB set's recalled.

Reminds me of my Ford's ignition being recalled for potential fires. 2 years later after being swapped out the new ignition is recalled for potential fires just like the original lol