Drew02a 1997 Lexus LX450

mdngsfn2

Confusious about the puking? I wonder if the Charcoal canister vacuum switching valve is stuck open?? DNO, The ping sounds like the truck wasnt driven much and has excessive carbon build up on the top of the pistons?? The only other thing I can refer to is if the timing chain is stretched? I would remove the distributer cap and have a long 1/2" ratchet and place it on the crank shaft bolt, when you move the crank the distributer rotor should move also--If it has a slight pause then you know the problem! If it moves with it then you can use a spray bottle with water (make sure its a very light mist) and spray it over the throttle body--hold the engine at a slight rev and spray the water outward around 2"(not directly in it!) and let it suck it in. It should clean the tops of the pistons and remove the ping--remember that large drops of water can damage the pistons because it wont compress.. so just use a light mist

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
lol

drew02a

Staff member
The most action she's seen in about a year; parking at the austin zoo. Put in 4wd to pull out, but mostly just because I wished I needed it

Austin_Zoo_Parking.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
The most action she's seen in about a year; parking at the austin zoo. Put in 4wd to pull out, but mostly just because I wished I needed it

Austin_Zoo_Parking.jpg

[words in owner's manual regarding regular use of the 4 wheel drive system goes here :) ]