Insurance coverage for accessories and while off road

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
The topic came up today about someone on a FB group not getting their policy renewed by Geico due to them having aftermarket accessories for off road. Not sure what all they have but it got me thinking to ask my agent.
He said as long as accessories are bolted or welded to the truck they can cover them. Just need to let him know what the replacement cost is and recommended keeping my receipts.

He also said my regular auto policy would cover damage to my truck and other peoples property while off road so that is a huge plus.

With the amount of money a lot of us have in accessories on our rigs its not a bad idea to make sure our insurance is appropriate.

In case you want to talk to my agent his name is Cody Ballew with Texas Farm Bureau 903-872-6678
County Information

He has been great to deal with and my friend who had a total loss claim with him for his Rockport house has not had any issues.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Considering how easy it is for a good trip to turn bad this makes a lot of sense to make sure the rig is covered for off road/ expo type stuff.

Does it cover front end parts? lol

taco4x4rar

My tacoma is just insured at a fixed value with no road going insurance, I'm pretty sure it'll never be street legal again. I only have it in case it gets stolen, burns to the ground, or is otherwise similarly destroyed.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Does it cover front end parts? lol

Probably not normal wear and tear for high mileage vehicles.

My tacoma is just insured at a fixed value with no road going insurance, I'm pretty sure it'll never be street legal again. I only have it in case it gets stolen, burns to the ground, or is otherwise similarly destroyed.

Pretty smart. I need to look into something like that for my '87 4Runner. It would suck to have it get stolen; but that kind of stuff happens all the time.

Taco Loco

Probably not normal wear and tear for high mileage vehicles.

Pretty smart. I need to look into something like that for my '87 4Runner. It would suck to have it get stolen; but that kind of stuff happens all the time.

You hit road debris

Taco Loco

My Tacoma is set up for mostly wnkd and Farm/Ranch I have the Ferd similar since I carpool sometimes